SP3-Missing dll

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mistycat, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

I'm seeing so many comments on SP3, not sure on this one. SP3 installed fine on two computers through WU. As a result of an ATI restore, no SP3 on one and I installed the full SP3 from an online site. Following a non related issue, I restored again but this time SP3 from the same site installed but said some dll was missing and uninstalled itself saying Windows might not run properly. Same thing on SP3 from the MS site. Things seemed a tad faster with it but not sure if it's even necessary and it won't install now anyway. I don't get why it installed fine on this computer twice before but after five tries, now it won't. Nothing has changed, both use AMD but not HP and WU has never tried to install it again. Thanks for any insight

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Mistycat,

For numerous difficulties, some folk's were suggesting dial-a-fix.
    It's possible the svcpack.log file she create's list's the holdup.

Aumha.net's sp3 troubleshooter.

Should it be an issue with your wu system, check this ArsTechnica thread.

In addition I recall something relating to amd's.

Steve

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  3. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, I think that's one update I'll pass on for now, ATI has me rid of it. The AMD issue is related to HP installing an Intel image on AMD machines and installing an Intel driver. Interesting but not the problem here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20443304-MCE-XP-SP3-Issues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.