Sp2 question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ufoflyer, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufoflyer

ufoflyer Guest

Hi can someone tell me does the sp2 cd also contain sp1 or do we still have to download it after a reformat? Thanks much.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You have to have sp1 before you can install sp2. sp2 replaces sp1. after you install it sp1 is history it is all upgraded and replaced by sp2. you don't have to worry about sp1 anymore. ;)

3. ufoflyer

ufoflyer Guest

Thanks for the reply Bigc73542. So if i reinstall my copy of xp home can i just install the sp2 cd, or should i go to Windows update first and download sp1?

4. bigc73542

If your copy of xp on the disc is not sp1 you have to install sp1 before installing sp2

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The SP2 CD I just got in the mail has SP1 on it. Whether the downloaded SP2 has SP1....I do not know.

Edit
    Forgot the pic :(

Attached Files:

• SP2.gif
      SP2.gif
      File size:
      12.8 KB
      Views:
  6. bigc73542

If the sp2 disc has sp1 that will cure his problem :) thanks bubba

7. ufoflyer

ufoflyer Guest

Thanks guys for the help. The sp2 disc i have, i picked up today at my local Staples store for free. It was on the software shelf next to Windows and other software. It doesn't say whether it has sp2 on it or not so i'm not sure. It says it has things like Windows security center, new Windows firewall, and automatic update. It says it is 475 mb when i checked it. Is there some way to tell if i have sp1 without the install? Right now i'm still running Windows me on this computer.

8. bigc73542

Insert the sp2 disc and look at the read me file it should tell you or you can right click it and hit explore and see if it is there. it should have the same page as the one bubba posted in the screen shot.

9. ufoflyer

ufoflyer Guest

Yes the read me says it contains sp1. I'm happy now because i'm still on dial up and don't have to do the the veryyyyy long downloads if i need to reformat/reinstall. Thanks so much Bigc, you be da man!!!!!!

10. ufoflyer

ufoflyer Guest

Sorry, thanks to Bubba too.

11. bigc73542

I am glad it is working out so well for you. and thanks again bubba for the screen shot and info. Good luck ufoflyer

bigc

Last edited: Sep 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.