Sp Guard will not show in my Systray nor open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by oscar alo, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscar alo

oscar alo Registered Member

I had the problem before so I uninstalled it and downloaded Sp-Guard again. when running for the first time, the main window will open (status, reports, options, ...), and SG will be shown in the systray. But later not. Not shown in systray, nor will the window open if I double click on the SG that is in the destop. No problems with the SG-Update in the destop, nor with MRU-Blaster.

Thanks

Oscar

o_O :p

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi there oscar alo,

Javacool will need to know what your operating systems is, and also what other programs (security, etc.) are running when you notice SpywareGuard no longer showing in the systray.

Did you notice if it was still running in TaskManager?

regards,

snap

3. oscar alo

Windows XP. recently bought. Norton's Antivirus, and Ad-ware 6, and Panicware's Free PopUp Stopper. I also got Aluria's Spyware Eliminator, but already I had the problem before. I never see 'SG' in the system tray, only when I did open it for the first time. Perhaps some scumware is disabling it?

Oscar

4. Cee

Cee Guest

I had the same problem. I left Task Manager open while I tried to start SpywareGuard and I noticed it flashed for a moment in the task manager box along with something named "SysFader" and then disappeared. On Windows XP.

5. Cee

Cee Guest

SpywareGuard was actually running and I didn't know it. I right clicked on the red "SG" at the bottom right corner of my screen and the program popped up.

6. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Now I could be mistaking but I think that Popup Stopper is conflicting with SpywareGuard. Let’s assume that Popup Stopper is indeed the culprit, when SpywareGuard launches the Popup Stopper Terminates the sgmain.exe process. OK; sgbhp.exe should be still been shown running in the background and whenever attempting to manually run SpywareGuard via Shortcut with only sgbhp.exe in the background the sgmain.exe Terminates.

Terminate ALL 3rd Party Software, including sgbhp.exe if shown in Windows TaskManager and then attempt to re-run SpywareGuard.

Regards,

7. oscar alo

Sorry, but I am not that confident with windows: how do I terminate 'ALL' 3rd party softw? And, what is 'All'? I expect you only mean spyare programs and popup stoppers. And, if I terminate the sgbhp.exe, how can I then re-run SpywareGuard?

Thanks

8. Phant0m

Hey oscar alo

Execute SpywareGuard via Shortcut, or entering in C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe into Start\Run ;)

9. oscar alo

Sorry again, but as I sayed I am not that confident with windows:
    1. How do I terminate 'ALL' 3rd party software?
    2. what do you mean by 'All'?
    3. If I terminate the sgbhp.exe, how can I then re-run SpywareGuard? I expect that your reply refers to this question. But, what is the "shortcut" or the "start/run"? Is it the window that appears when clicking the Start - Execute?

Sorry

Oscar Alomar

10. Phant0m

Hey oscar alo

Reply to Question #3, view attached image...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.