Sorry, have to go

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by FanJ, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J at B

J at B Guest

Hugs and many many many thanks to all of you !!!
    All your warm and kind words mean a lot to me !!!

Friends took me off my home to their place; nice dinner, etc.
    And I cleaned up their PC's for them ;)
    Later I'm going to take care of the cats of a friend of mine.
    Good to be off home for awhile.

{{hugs}}
    My warmest regards for all,
    Jan (FanJ).

2. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:'( Jan: I know I have already made a post in this thread but I felt compelled to make yet another. I think you know that you have made many a friend here at Wilders, an if you need or want to talk to any one of us we are all here. You can always PM us an I have no doubt that any an all will reply. It often helps to talk with others, an you never know some may have experienced or are experiencing what you currently face. I can say this for a fact being a military veteran. Enough of my being on the soap box. Take care an all the best is wished for you.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :cool:

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

A true gentleman
    A true friend

My thoughts are with you my friend.

Kev

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Fine Creature FanJ,
    This is indeed sad news to me as well. I do not know all that you have done before you retired. But I know of the things after when I joined.

All the thread starts on the congrats when creatures hit there mile stones and birthdays too is just two of many examples.

I wish you well and hope that you will be able to come back.

Your Wilders Friend, Mercurie. :-*

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

FranJ

I am so sad to read this post. Believe me I have followed your posts on Wilders and have been helped directly by your replies plus indirectly with your replies to others.

When I read the words 'depressed' I know how much this hurts and what it is like to be there at this very moment.
    We may be miles apart but the effects are still the same.
    A big hug from me Jan - goodness, to think I have never met or even chatted to you yet I can feel the sadness, believe me I do. If any words I could say to help I would help :'(

I know the computer situation is another aspect, I do hope that someone close to you will see the need.
    I am tearful when I type this as you have been on this forum before I even knew about it. Take great care and remember even an 'unknown' member like me respects you greatly & feels the stress depression adds to your life.

Attached Files:

6. CarolinaMoonshine

CarolinaMoonshine Registered Member

Words have failed me, Dear Jan. I understand perfectly how you feel.

Sometimes real life overwhelms and the problems online pale and fade.

You seemed to always be there for me, may WE always be here for you.

Here's praying that your problems will be resolved and that you will be back soon.

:'(

7. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hi Jan. Look man, life is very difficult sometimes. Sometimes more than we want or need it to be. Hope everything works out well for you. Just take care of what you need to. You know we'll be here.

8. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Hoi Jan,

ik las net je post, is er iets wat ik kan doen voor je ? Je hebt mijn e-mail adres - a.u.b. laat het me weten !

Hang in there !

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Craig, Cindy, Gerard, Rita, Joris, John, CartoonBoy, INTOXSICKATED, Brad, Wildman, Tassie, Steve, Infinity, JRCates, Wayne, Vikorr, Eric, Rui, Firecat, Valkyri001, Curt, Nat, Fire-Ant, Kev, Mercurie, Robyn, Carolina, Steve, Marianna, and those who sent a private message,

{{{hugs}}} to ALL of you, for all your warm words !!! :-*

I cannot express how much your warm and encouraging words and pictures mean to me

Somehow I managed to get my PC working again.
    Well, it works as long as it works .........

As Blazey wrote once: hey you don't leave, this is our home (well, online that is).
    Soooo, I'm back ;)

Several of you did read right between the lines
    Sometimes I feel too down ........

Many thanks again to all of you !!!
    Most warmest regards, Jan.

10. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Fanj,

Glad things worked out for you!

Play on, big ed

11. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Yahooooooo! That's great news Jan!
    Cheers,
    Brad.

12. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

And Jan ~ we're glad it didn't take long !!
    And that you again have a working computer.

I know how it's like. Been without one for many moons,
    many times. Talk about being depressed, lol. And then the w i t h d r a w a l s. :rolleyes: Though we have a life outside the home...
    nowadays, also right infront of the screen, where behind there, you're friends are waiting.

Happy you're with us !! http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/friends/hug.gif

Attached Files:

13. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Thats the spirit Jan very glad to see you have got it sorted at least for the time being

Warm regards my friend :)

14. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

Hi Jan,

glad to hear you got your computer working again ! Super!!

15. wildman

:D The Wildman is very happy about these developments, an can very well identify with a good portion of them.

Thanks
    Wildman

16. Fire-Ant

Fire-Ant Registered Member

Welkom terug !!

:D :cool:

17. Trekk

Trekk Registered Member

As can I.....

18. Phoenix22

Phoenix22 Registered Member

hang in there jan........i am

19. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Glad it is working out. When you posted back that for now things were working...this fine Creature was the first to come to mind...he has a new machine...if you continue to have problems. I will wish for you a new machine too. And like with Wildman maybe it will come true!! :) ;)

20. CarolinaMoonshine

Fan J, welcome back from me. :D

When you left, I sorta did too. It is sad when familiar faces disappear - like missing family.

I do eventually get around to reading, and am glad that you got the PC up and running and are back with us.

LET THE CELEBRATION CONTINUE....... :D

21. FanJ

FanJ Guest

{{hugs}} Carolina, Mercurie, Phoenix22, Trekk, Fire-Ant, Wildman, Marianna, Nick, Nat, Brad, Big Ed, and all others who posted previously !!!

Carolina, I'm so happy you yourself came back too !!! :-*
    You're so right: we're all family !!! :D

A little update:
    I was finally able to put back an old backup-image (thanks Acronis TrueImage !). This time not using my USB-2 card (one of my problems) but through the usual USB-1 port on this old machine. LOL, it only took about 9 hours ;)

There are still several other problems.
    One of them: I cannot use my SCSI Plextor CD-ROM player; not sure why.
    The SCSI card is an extremely old one (alas no Adaptec).

I have been thinking about finally upgrading to XP.
    In fact I bought the upgrade.
    I have spend several hours talking with Microsoft.
    The lady I talked with on the phone, is very nice and very helpful (thanks a lot!!!).
    I have not yet decided whether in fact to upgrade.
    First several hardware problems needs to be fixed.
    Question still (as usual in those circumstances): is it worth to spend money on this machine. I don't have the money to buy a new machine.
    It's far more cheaper to get new CD-ROM player and burner (non SCSI), or DVD.
    And still: I am far and far more familiar with my W98SE OS.

I was happy that I could give the MS-support lady some hints.
    And she gave me a link to Memtest. I didn't know about that tool and site.
    The site: http://www.memtest.org
    Memtest tests your hardware memory.
    It takes several hours to do so.
    You might like to let it run overnight while you're sleeping ;)
    It can run again and again. Advised is to let it run at least 5 runs.
    I did, and I was happy that I got no failures :)

Hugs and most warmest regards to all of you my dear friends !!!!!
    Cheers, Jan.

22. wildman

:eek: Just some thoughts. As you may have gathered from the previous post, my old computer bit the dust. I was really down in the dumps as I live on a very limited income and had no way to buy another computer. Thanks to my wife, daughter and mother-in-law they purchased me another tower. Notice I do not say anything about a monitor (I am still using the old one). Notice I do not say anything about a new printer (using the daughter's old one). What I guess I am trying to get at is only the necessary item was replaced. You may get good results with only replacing the hard drive or other hardware and not the entire computer. If possible save a few duckets at a time, get the best professional advice you can and then do what you can. Again just my thoughts. A reconditioned machine may be another option. In this case I would only deal with a reputable computer repair entity.

I also do not like to see familiar individuals depart from here, it makes the Wildman sad when that happens. Look at the other threads about us trying to find out the status of various members here at Wilders.

Thanks
    Wildman

23. yogishree

yogishree Registered Member

Hi Jan,

We have never met each other in these forums but I am glad that things seem to be working out for you .

Friend , words are an inadaquate medium of communication in situations like these but do remember that all of us are in the same boat and together with you in your travails like you in ours.

I am sure you will not allow your past feelings to effect your future endeavours and will be as strong as ever.

:) :) :)

24. CarolinaMoonshine

Me too! Er.....operating a very old computer with a W98SE system until just two days ago.

I have waited a long time to replace her, but had my nephew build me a new and powerful machine (Well to me, it is powerful). It still was quite an expense even though we exhumed the disk drive and CD burner from the old machine, and placed them in the new machine.

I was finding the old machine to be slower than (h, e, w, toothpicks). However I was becoming adept at playing Free Cell while I waited for something to load. Now - that wait is gone.

What I have found with my old W98SE, is that it is sooooo outdated, that a new jump drive will not work on it - so some of my stuff still sits in the old computer waiting for me to figure out which DLL files are missing.

And I am now learning XP Prof. Just call me one of the computer illiterate please.

:p :p :p :p

25. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Hi Jan - These forums would not be the same without you. Happy that you are back as I would surely miss you. Chin up and all that sort of stuff.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.