Soooo many problems.....getting upset

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Benmozz, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benmozz

Benmozz Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image Windows Server with Universal Restore trying to backup and restore a SBS Windows Server 2003 system partition.

My first issue is where the bootable cd says the image i have taken is an invalid Enterprise Server image, going to run a validation on this. Going to run a validation on this but very puzzled, i followed the wizard to the letter. Additionally under my main partition list in the backup wizard is a little 8mb sector called Compaq Setup (its a HP Server), do i need this backed up to do a working restore?

When it does recognise the image as a valid image i get these problems:-

Secondly, i am going from a single disk server to a raid array, i have a disk and it brings up a non miniport driver for my raid array, is that right?

Lastly, what type of restore do i need for a partition that is my main system boot and OS disk, active+primary?

any help would be great....getting really upset by my lack of progress since getting this software.

2. Benmozz

come on!!

someone on here has got to have some answers!! :p

3. Benmozz

ok i have got further now.

it restores now but with the following error

<event code="0" id="256" message="Setup is searching 'C:\WINDOWS\inf\' for drivers." module="29" time="1132000254" type="2" />
    <event code="0" id="257" message="Setup was unable to parse 'oem0.inf' and skipped it." module="29" time="1132000260" type="3" />

i reboot and it starts loading windows only to blue screen of death on me!

anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't know zip about TI for server and Universal restore but if you just want to backup and restore the C partition or any single partition for that matter that is all you have to deal with. Universal Restore provides a mechanism to permit migrating to another hardware configuration. If you have the same hardware config you don't need or want it AFAIK since the correct drivers are already contained in your image.

You probably would want the Compaq partition if you were restoring it or or the whole drive but if it is OK then you just leave it alone and restore the partition of interest.

Since it is the partition the machine boots from it is the active partition and the image will probably indicate that it is flagged as primary as well.

About all I can tell you.

5. Benmozz

ok i am going from a single disk drive to a raid array.

i have now got the restore to complete succesfully but it then blue screens of death on me after about 15 seconds of loading windows.

it says i need to run chkdsk on my hard drives but i have tried 4 different hard drives and there is no problem with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.