Sons Lap Top has Crud ware on it.

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by GoonMan, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

My Sons Laptop browser has been hijacked. and he does not have access to the internet now but will later and the only way I can help him while he is home is burn some programs onto a cd and install them on his computer. I am looking for any recommendations.

I do know about and use SpyBot Search and Destroy Adware6 and Hjack this is there anything else I would need to load or wait till the results.

Thanks for any help.

Randy

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi GoonMan,

The most common Hijacker at the moment is CWS.
    You could have him download and run CWShredder, which was developed entirely for the purpose of removing all the variants of that pest.

In 80% of the cases I will recommend that anyway.

Regards,

Pieter

3. GoonMan

Thank you sir will do. :D I will have to burn it to a CD and will get back afterwords.

Thanks again.

4. GoonMan

Well for some reason i cannot post HJT log here.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

GoonMan,

If you are struggling to attach a file, save yourself the effort... Almost everyone just copies and pastes the text contents of their HijackThis logs into the message body of the post. It's easier for everyone concerned.

Attachments can fail for a lot of reasons: Unsupported file extension; File too large; Filename already taken; even some timeout conditions.

Edit: Oh one very common reason a file won't attach is if you fill-in the "Attach:" line with your file and then hit the Preview button. If you use preview after attaching a file, the preview action actually clears the attachment line and no file uploads. You can't preview attachments.

Also, see the FAQs forum where there are several FAQs about file attachments and screen / image attaching and the problems that can occur with them,

6. GoonMan

LWM I have tried to copy and paste the log but the server times out. Not sure why and i cannot change my profile either. It was my Fire Wall blocking for some reason.

It may have to do with the HJT log file that I saved from his computer. I had to burn it too a CD since he cannot access the internet till he gets back to school tomorrow.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.95.0
    Scan saved at 6:51:48 PM, on 1/3/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINNT\GWMDMMSG.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title=Co-Dawgs Internet
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page=C:\WINNT\System32\blank.htm
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINNT\GWMDMpi.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyBlocker] C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\spyblocker.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Outpost Firewall] C:\PROGRA~1\Agnitum\OUTPOS~1\outpost.exe /waitservice
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareStopper] C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\SpywareStopper\spywarestopper.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tau Monitor] C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Tauscan 1.6\Taumon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Trashcan (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show Trashcan (HKCU)
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {0F04992B-E661-4DB9-B223-903AB628225D} (DoMoreRunExe.DoMoreRun) - file://C:\Program Files\Gateway\Do More\DoMoreRunExe.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {1FDEC088-A699-46FE-BF76-D5FD6DAE6150} (UCSearch.ucUCSearch) - http://www.armbender.com/UCSearch.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tricklers/AWS/MiniBugTransporter.cab?
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0309.cab
    O16 - DPF: {511073AD-BE56-4D43-AE68-93390514385E} (TechToolsActivex.TechTools) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\TechTools.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {739E8D90-2F4C-43AD-A1B8-66C356FCEA35} (RunExeActiveX.RunExe) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\RunExeActiveX.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003080601/housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?37894.9513425926

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

How big is the source file that you are copying and pasting into the post window? How long is it trying to upload your post before you get the error? (Could it be that you are timing out on slow upload speed when trying to post a massively large log? It would have to be really large to timeout, but can you look at the file size that you transferred via that CD?)

Edit: Ah, I see you've edited and now the log file is there.

8. GoonMan

It took me a while but I finally figured it out I pull what little Stuble I had left out of my head. :D :D

9. Pieter_Arntz

Hi GoonMan,

Looks like you cleaned out most of it. :)

Check the following items in HijackThis.
    Close all windows except HijackThis and click Fix checked:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page=C:\WINNT\System32\blank.htm
    O16 - DPF: {1FDEC088-A699-46FE-BF76-D5FD6DAE6150} (UCSearch.ucUCSearch) - http://www.armbender.com/UCSearch.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tricklers/AWS/MiniBugTransporter.cab?

Then reboot.

If you still have problems please get the latest version of HijackThis (1.97.7) and make a new log with that one.

Regards,

Pieter

10. GoonMan

Ok thank you sir for your Help I just got back from taking him to Airport, when he gets back to school tonite I will get him to come to the Web Site and fix the problems. Then download the newer version and rerun it.

Thanks again Pieter :D

Randy

11. Codog

Codog Registered Member

I am goonmans son this is the latest log after recent fixes

Thanks Codog

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 10:11:38 PM, on 1/12/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINNT\GWMDMMSG.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\spyblocker.exe
    C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\SpywareStopper\spywarestopper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
    C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\outpost.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = Http://www.cingular.net
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=iesearch
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Co-Dawgs Internet
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = iexplore
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMpi] C:\WINNT\GWMDMpi.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpyBlocker] C:\Program Files\SpyBlocker Software\spyblocker.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Outpost Firewall] C:\PROGRA~1\Agnitum\OUTPOS~1\outpost.exe /waitservice
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [URLLSTCK.exe] C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\UrlLstCk.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tau Monitor] C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Tauscan 1.6\Taumon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Trashcan (HKCU)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show Trashcan (HKCU)
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {0F04992B-E661-4DB9-B223-903AB628225D} (DoMoreRunExe.DoMoreRun) - file://C:\Program Files\Gateway\Do More\DoMoreRunExe.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst0309.cab
    O16 - DPF: {511073AD-BE56-4D43-AE68-93390514385E} (TechToolsActivex.TechTools) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\TechTools.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {739E8D90-2F4C-43AD-A1B8-66C356FCEA35} (RunExeActiveX.RunExe) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\RunExeActiveX.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003080601/housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?37894.9513425926

12. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Codog,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Looks good to me.

Regards,

Pieter

13. GoonMan

Thanks for the Help Pieter much appreciated. :D

Randy

14. Pieter_Arntz

Anytime. :)

Pieter

15. Codog

Codog Registered Member

Thanks Pieter for the warm welcome im just glad to get this stuff off of my computer.

Again thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.