*sometimes* no email message appended, bug?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Chippy, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chippy

Chippy Registered Member

*sometimes* no email message appended, bug? ***Resolved***

I use Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 email client and I have NOD32 configured to scan email and append tag messages to incoming emails. ("__________ NOD32 1.946 (20041213) Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system."

**However**, I notice that this message does not always appear. Sometimes its there, sometimes not. It seems to depend on where the email comes from. emails from certain senders never get the above message appended.

So what's going on? Are all my emails being scanned or not? And if they *are*, why is the message not being appended to some of them.

BTW, its got nothing to do with the email format, i.e. plain text or html. I have tested both types.

Its only a trivial issue if its simply a bug that means the text doesn't always get appended. But I would be very concerned if NOD32 is only scanning some emails and not others!

Any ideas?

Chip

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. Chippy

Chippy Registered Member

OK, figured it out.

For some reason, both OE and Thunderbird do not show the text under certain circumstances. I just edited the message source and the text is there, its just both OE and Thunderbird don't show it on screen for some reason.

Thanks anyway.

Chip

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see you had a result, thanks for sharing.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.