Sometimes my pc hang and failed to re-boot.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I was confused then... there are times that when I am playing heavy graphics games in my pc for several hours it suddenly hangs up or freeze and no matter what I do I couldn't move anything even could not move the mouse pointer. :( Then I have no choice but to press the re-set button... but the problem is... it didn't start up or re-boot like before..and nothing happens in the monitor everything is black.. but still the lights on my pc tower casing was still flashing. Then I just turn off the UPS and unplug the power source, and after several hours of "rest" I try starting it and it starts. :eek:

It happens several times already, not only when playing games... but also there at one time I am scanning w MS AntiSpyware.. it also hangs and didn't finish the scanning process.

What's the possible cause of this? o_O

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi,
    Overheating perhaps?
    Do you overclock?
    Mrk

3. hadi

hadi Guest

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    No, I don't use overclocking as it is dangerous and I'm no expert in that. :doubt:

Overheating also was not possible coz I have a program called CPU eat n Cool (not very sure if this is very effective) in w/c i set the required temperature target to cool down the cpu if it reach the target temperature. :cool:

My PC is Pentium 4 2.40Ghz, 533FSB, 256MB RAM, and 40gig HD.

After that incedents, I am now trying out the RAM Idle software to at least manage my ram memory as I can't buy for now an extra ram. But m not sure yet if low memory ram is the real cause. :rolleyes:

5. hadi

hadi Guest

yes, RAM is your problem 256Mb is not enough for XP-SP2. it is just about for SP1. Treat your self with another juicy 512Mb stick and FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL the difference

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Does your Pentium 4 processor have Hyper-Threading Technology? It improves performance of some applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.