Sometimes Antivir is two....why is that?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am using free Antivir for a long time, but recently...sometimes when I start my pc and using my limited acct...there are times that the Antivir Guard logo and avgnt.exe appears in two. (look at uploaded image) :blink: :shifty:

Why is that so? Are there something wrong with my antivir programo_O :oops:

My pc just runs fine and looks no problem, but I was concern that maybe it just doubles the consumptions of ram memory and cpu power and that it was useless to make this to run in two. What should I do to make things right? :cautious:

Attached Files:

2. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

The last forum posted message said that the problem was to be fixed with the release in the beginning of September. It is October now, so I guess the new release did not include the fix?

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well personally I would say that 2 Aviras, are even better then 1.:shifty:

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, that doesn't look right. I'd post on the Avira forums and ask about it. It can't be a good thing....

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I saw this a long while back with a program similiar to Sandboxie. When it would update it would start one in the sandbox and one active one. It wasnt sandboxie, I cant remember what it was but your tray icons dont ring a bell either. Anyway, this was suppose to be fixed a long time ago.

I know, it was Greenborder that caused this with Avira. Yep, post it in their forums.

7. Thug21

Thug21 Registered Member

Don't worry about the memory/resource use - look how low it it is. Also, that process isn't the guard, its just the tray icon, etc. It is a weird bug, though!

In the past, I have had it happen too. Wasn't running greenborder or sandboxie.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

It happened to me once...now I know why it only happened once...it got fixed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.