Something's going wrong...?!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by eTuner, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eTuner

eTuner Registered Member

First of all, I had the problem with my ESS (3.0.669) not updating. I browsed around, and read somewhere that I should reinstall (after uninstalling). I did so, and it still wouldn't update. Then, I read that there is a problem with ESET's servers. That is understood; I mean, I can wait a few days without getting updates. What happened now is just unacceptable.

Whenever I turn on my computer, I get hordes of system notifications prompting me that ESS is not providing maximum protection. I open the [red] icon in my system tray, and this is what I see:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2642bk4.png

(sorry for the link to an image -- somehow it's not embedding)

Is this the way ESET is notifying it's once satisfied customers? I am appalled.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

After you uninstalled Did you clean up left over registry through regedit and file folders left behind before a reinstall.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  3. eTuner

eTuner Registered Member

I cleaned up the Folder under C:/Program Files, and the All Users/Application Data/~(whatever it was)~

Actually, I think remnants of Norton (bleh) from my previous Windows Reinstall were blocking it. I also deleted Norton's folder, and it seems to work! I also got it to update now.

Thank you, sir.

4. Dark Shadow

Your are Welcome but I did nothing really.you fixed it on your own Good work.:thumb:

5. eTuner

eTuner Registered Member

Ha. True. :p

Just one more thing...

I got it to update and everything, but now it says that my Username/Password are invalid (and yes.. they are VALID, purchased licences). What is up with that?

6. Dark Shadow

I am not sure to be honsest,I have used a few version Of nod32/Eset In the past but I run NO AV know and not sure How to correct the UserName/password sorry.perhaps Marcos Can Helps or who ever Chimes In.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.