Something like an Anti-Antiproxy?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Valder, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valder

Valder Registered Member

Sites like Google and Wikipedia, among others don't let you sign up through TOR or a proxy. (At least for Google, you have to go through SMS verification if you try to register via proxy.)

How do these sites can find out you are behind the proxy (or TOR)? What I'm looking for is an anti-cloaking service or something which tells them I'm not behind proxy, even though I am.

2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Usually they blocks websites/servers based on their ip-address, which shouldn't be a challenge for a search engine giant like Google. The other thing is they could be finger printing your system and using that information to flag you. I'm not a big proxy users myself, but I seem to remember there were different types of proxies available. Possibly you might consider changing proxy type and changing the proxy provider. I prefer VPNs for my surfing and websites expect that users will be using VPNs on there mobile/portable devices. I haven't had trouble signing in with these and there are some good free services available.

3. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

For TOR it's really simple. The list of exit nodes is public and up to date, so it's a matter of parsing that list in order to find out if a connection is made through TOR.

4. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

You can visit Wikipedia using proxy, http://www.proxfree.com/, but you won't be able to download anything from uploaded or any other similar sites.

5. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

I ran proxyfree.com through two link checkers... URL Void came up clean, then again with Trend Micro Site Safety Center, it came up dirty.. I like to check these sites with at least three link checkers after getting stung once. ;)

http://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/result.php

6. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

This proxy looked a little better, i checked it and saw verified by Comodo.. this was after i clicked on the lock..

http://www.proxyssl.org/

Sorry about the other day i should have followed up..:ouch:
    Hogndog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.