Some text in spywareblaster is missing

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by geni4, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geni4

geni4 Registered Member

Hi. I did not find any previous posts on my problem.
    For a while now, I've been having missing text in webpages, in particular Microsoft kb articles on resource kits. I figured out that if I hit select all in IE, copy, and paste into Notepad, I can then read the text from that webpage. It happens at various other webpages too and I've googled to try and solve this problem to no avail.
    I am posting in this forum because there is also missing text in spywareblaster too and I believe this problem is related to the above problem. For instance, in a spywareblaster setup wizard, the buttons for "back" and "next" are at the lower right hand corner but the word "back" appears and not the word "next". In the spywareblaster program itself, the buttons at the top are missing text too. There are four buttons at the top. The first button's text is "Status". The second buttons text is "Internet Explorer". The last two buttons appear with no text. I wish I knew how to insert a pic to show you but I don't know how.
    Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this issue?
    Thank you for your help in advance
    Jen

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Long shot but are you using a program called Windows blinds or any program similar ?

3. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    And furthermore do you have your display settings set to default? These are those found in Display Properties>Settings>Advanced>General tab DPI setting.

4. geni4

geni4 Registered Member

I checked the dpi setting and it says it is set to normal 96. I looked up windows blinds to see what it was and the only program I have that might be like that is powerstrip but that program is not running as far as i know. I don't know much about powerstrip. I downloaded it to learn about it because a friend of mine might be interested in that program for their computer. I don't think I did anything with that program yet but I am not sure. Is powerstrip similar to windows blinds?
    thank you
    Jen

5. geni4

geni4 Registered Member

anybody have any ideas as to why some text is missing. I have an update to my problem:
    I tried to read an adobe doc and it said some arial font was missing or something. And I do know that a while ago some of my fonts were no longer available in notepad...eras light itc being one of them. I don't know what other fonts are missing. Could this be why some text isnt showing. Seems weird that in some things like wizards only some of the text is missing but not all of the text. sometimes only one letter will be missing. anybody know how I can quickly get my basic fonts back without having to reinstall windows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.