Some test ;)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MagisDing, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toby75

Toby75 Registered Member

Anybody know where I can get this test? I used to have it but the link no longer works. :oops:

2. arran

arran Registered Member

I just wanna say, that after spending a lot of time configuring Malware Defender
    It passes all the htaaa htaab hraac stop and stop2.exe tests.

Malware Defender would be the one and only security app which passed all of them.

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

MD 2.2.0's default rules alone can handle the Ht tests. No need for additional configuration. There were some issues with 2.1.1 and the Ht tests which are now resolved.

4. arran

arran Registered Member

I was talking about version 2.1.1. These tests came before the arrival of 2.2.0.

5. micrei

micrei Registered Member

How is Prevx 3 doing here? The on demand scan identifies the files as malware but does the real time protection block them?

I would be also interested in Prevx protection abilities when it comes to the regtest mentioned here also: http://www.ghostsecurity.com/registrytest/

Especially the second test is interesting (shut down of the PC). E.g. Defensewall passed the first test but didn't stop the shutdown.

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

MD 2.1.1 failed all Ht tests on XP and Vista except for stop.exe. By fail I mean an inability to control shell corruption (no mouse, no taksbar...). No amount of MD 2.1.1 configuration except for denying execution would change the results. I emailed Xiaolin about this on April 23 2009 and the Ht issues were resolved with the first 2.2.0 beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.