Some terrible experience with ESET

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Agno, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agno

Agno Registered Member

At the advice of a friend, I decided in March 2008 to buy a 2 years ESET security home user licence. An uninspired decision that came to haunt me even today.

What has happen that made my experience with ESET such a lousy one ?

Well, 3 months ago, all of a sudden, the software stopped updating anymore, saying that the username/password is incorrect. Well, I sent a mail to Customer Service, explaining the problem. They said that the account doesn't exist or maybe somebody else is using it. I said that's not true, they could check the email and/or credit card information that should clearly identify as the person who performed the transaction. Well, after a few mails back and forth and a week or so long, I got so frustrated that I wanted to cancel the service and ask for a refund, on the same credit card I used to pay (so no foul play could be accused). At this point, all of a sudden I was given another account/password.

One week ago, ESET stopped updating again. I called them, this time I got another set of username/password faster, in only 2 days. Hallelujah, I said, trying to cope with the missing updates. Updates were working properly but now, the software icon turned red and blinked me a message of "Licence Expired sometimes in 2007" or so. I sent another message describing the problem, I got an timely answer asking me to reinstall the product. OK, I went to the download page, tried couple of time to download ESET Security, failed each time, no matter how carefully I typed. I tried to download ESET NOD32 only, this one was working. So, I assumed, the Customer Services messed up again and gave me username/password for NOD32 even if I paid for Security. One more message, three days of wait and behold and lo, finally, the software icon went GREEN, licence valid. I checked the expiry date of the licence I was assigned and I noticed it was due to 2009 August. Guess what ? Another mail informing the Customer Support that I paid for 2 years in 2008 March so I expect it to last until March 2010. The result ? This morning, upon starting the computer I noticed the licence is showing again that ESET is shareware and I should download another version. Needles to say that the username/password I was given doesn't allow me download anything from their site.

I sent like a milionth message to Customer Support, but hey, if I would run this company, I would fire all the guys there for crass incompetency.

I mention that my PC is not part of any network, I don't use any fancy radio network, and I'm the only one in the house that use it (kids being too small to show any interest in computers).

What should I do now ? Is anyone been through the same ordeal before ?

All this ongoing struggle to get right what should have been a simple operation left me very bitterly dissapointed and looking elsewhere for a more reliable security solution.

Agno, Toronto

P.S. Should I say that each of my attempts to figure out why they had to assign me three different sets of username/passwords in less than half a year were met with a deafening silence ? Guess not.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your initial username or at least the order number along with your email address so that I can check your license. I haven't heard about such a problem from other customers so I really wonder what has happened to your license.

3. Agno

Agno Registered Member

I did sir, should be in your PM by now. It took me some time to gather all the info.

Thanks for your time.

Agno

P.S. As I also stated in the PM I sent you, in the last 10 minutes the people from Customer Service sent me back an answer, directing me to ask help here, on forum. INCREDIBLE.

4. Agno

Agno Registered Member

To dissipate any hard feeling someone might have after reading my exasperated original post in the opening of the thread, I must state that Marcos was very helpful and very solicitous and I have all the confidence that in the next week they will somehow solve this problem.

Agno, Toronto

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Don't hold your breath though.

6. Agno

Agno Registered Member

I'd have been dead long time ago if I would. :D

7. Agno

Agno Registered Member

A new installment on my daily adventure to fix a faulty ESS subscription privilege. I got a mail today from ESET Customer Service that doesn't say anything. Really. They just copied my original complaint without adding anything of their own. I wonder if it's a good or a bad omen, now. :rolleyes:

Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only help now.

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have contacted you via private message.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. Agno

Agno Registered Member

Thanks to the diligent efforts of mr. Agoretsky, everything has been straighten out, all the inadvertences has been adressed and the proggie is working as it should.

Have a great day everybody, and even if it's not nice to say it, I hope not to see you again EVER. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.