Some serious Questions...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I have some questions here, coz I am confused. Using BitDefender 8. The virus scans result looks different if I change its virus settings. What made me think crazy was that… if I set the virus settings into move to quarantine, the results of the scans would only says that it found 14 infected objects and Identified 3 virus but it didn’t move the virus into quarantine. But then if I set the settings into Disinfect and also checking the second action to move into Quarantine, then the resulting scans would be it found 16 infected objects, Deleted 14 and identifies 3 viruses. Wow!!!! What a big difference with that man, I just wonder what files it deleted that I didn’t know then. :rolleyes: :blink:

Why is it that if I set its settings into move to Quaranttine it didn’t act on it, instead, what it does was to found and only to identify virus. And when I set it into Disinfect w the 2nd action to move into quarantine it simply deletes those things and didn’t disinfect or quarantine what it found?
    o_O

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Perhaps its a bug or incompatibility in the software. Try upgrading to BitDefender 9.0 (Its free, just download the new version and use the current serial key).

3. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Do I have to uninstall first version 8 before installing version 9? o_O

Also, pls give me the link/s where I can download the BitDefender 9 free version... I couldn't download it. :cautious: Thanks..;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.