Some questions about Returnil.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Ohmy, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohmy

Ohmy Guest

Hi,

I'm trialing, and looking forward to buy it online if it works out well for me.

The first question is, if you buy Returnil from the homepage,

does it come as a package? or does it come as a electronic delivery(e-mail)

with a license file on it?

And my second question is,

do I need to configure the setting for Returnil? or is the default setting enough?

Thanks in advance :)
    Ohmy

2. HURST

HURST Registered Member

AFAIK, when you buy it, they send you a key.
    Nothing to change in the settings, Returnil has only one task to do.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Returnil is like a light switch : ON or OFF.

4. Someone

Someone Registered Member

And Session Lock.:)

But I thought the shareware version has some plugins or something, with an anti-executable?

Thanks

5. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

The current RVS 2.01 Beta is what your referring to, this has anti exucute and driver protection plug ins and can be found here

http://www.castlecops.com/t222125-Public_Beta_Returnil_Virtual_System_2008_v2_01.html

Be aware that this is a Beta, I've not had any problems with it but you try it at your own risk

Ian

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

And is ideal for those users who need a fast, swift approach to virtualizing their system for whatever reason.

I always been amazed, not only by it's seemingly perfect stability (i use memory vir only) but throwing in the virtual drive is a master stroke of genious as well as password protecting it from potential tampering.

I not much on crypting to conceal files, folders, or whatever, but i done a test with TrueCrypt and placed the container (and program) within RETURNIL'S virtual drive. Just another example of how a user can stretch Returnil's features to extend certain useabilities for privacy.

And after all, as i recall, at the start, Returnil announced in it's introduction that it's a Virtual System designed to protect a user's privacy.

ON & OFF is simple, secure, and very well fashioned to peak stability from my experiences with it so far. Plus allots for doing more then just shadowing, and theres yet more to come.

EASTER

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.