some help making some rules?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Nirvy, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvy

Nirvy Registered Member

Ok, just got LNS at the advice of a friend, and need some help understanding how to set it up.

For an example i play an online game Everquest. Below i will paste in the permissions it needs, if someone could explain how i would go about letting EQ2 access the below, i can then apply it to other games and apps.

Details :-

EverQuest II LaunchPad and Patch Servers
    A TCP connection is initiated from the LaunchPad client port > 1023 to patch.station.sony.com port 7000.
    A UDP connection is initiated from the LaunchPad client port > 1023 to sdlaunchpad1.station.sony.com and sdlaunchpad2.station.sony.com port range 3016-3021 and 9700-9703.

EverQuest II Patch:
    A TCP connection is initiated from the EverQuest II client port > 1023 to patch.everquest2.com, aberrpatch.everquest2.com, laerrpatch.everquest2.com, or amsrrpatch.everquest2.com at port 7010. Some of the above patchers resolve to multiple IP addresses, so if you have a strict outbound firewalling policy, be sure to check for all IP addresses using a DNS lookup tool.

EverQuest II Game Client:
    UDP connections are initiated from the EverQuest II client port >1023 to servers on UDP ports 9100, and UDP ports in the range 32800-33000.
    Additionally, ICMP messages type 0 (echo reply), 3 (unreachable), 8 (echo request) and 11 (expired) should be permitted bi-directionally between the client PC and the EverQuest II servers.

EverQuest II Servers Subnets:
    There are multiple IP addresses for the Patch and LaunchPad clusters, and they may change as the network demands, so check often using a DNS lookup tool if you provide a specific firewall rule for these services. The EverQuest II server IP addresses are currently in these subnets: 64.37.158.*, 199.108.11.*, 199.108.12.*, 199.108.13.*, 199.108.202.*, 199.108.203.*, 195.33.135.*

Also, do i need to give all apps i use access, such as Trillian, MSN, windows update, outlook etc?

Any links to tutroials would be cool, as i didnt seem to get a manual with it :p

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.