some facts about the some topics here

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

first off free products are not really protection your system 100% from todays infections etc. I never understand this. You pay a good deal of money on a computer and than want free protection?...Second Windows defender is not the answer for protection. This is just another ploy by the folks at Microsoft to get you to come to them to get the malware off and make themselves some $...so why not talk about some other products. I'm not touting any but boy I use to post year years ago but these topics make no sense....just one guys opinion

2. aih

aih Registered Member

I'm a believer in paying for performance, but I don't automatically dismiss no-cost-to-me products out of hand. Of course nothing is 100%. Keep an open mind and seek evidence.

Show me the data.

3. Buddel

Buddel Registered Member

Still looking for the "facts"... ... ...

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I would actually pay for free AV and I would not want paid AV, even for free. Paid AV usually contains bloatware (like webprotection), which slows down and cause problems (SSL injection).

I do not understand paying for something, that is available for free, but I guess some people have money to waste. I would buy a cloud or external storage for backups instead.

5. anon

anon Registered Member

Your topic it makes no sense too.

6. Infected

Infected Registered Member

There are a few free products that protect your system perfectly. Nothing, even paid is 100%.

7. TheIgster

TheIgster Registered Member

Yeah, no "facts". Nothing to see here folks...

8. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

What facts? It is just your opinion.

So paid products does have 100 % protection rate? :isay:

While Windows Defender isnt perfect, it is very good and adequate for many users.

9. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Some free security software can outperform some paid software when it comes to protection. All you're doing here is giving your own opinion and providing zero information to backup your claims.

10. gery

gery Registered Member

this is a dead end discussion as everyone here has an opinion based on experience about both paid and free products. I dont think that paying for security is vain or waste of money but on the other hand yes there are are products that are free of charge that provide decent level of protection . All in all it is a matter of choice

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.