Software that controls only outgoing?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sweater, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I tried Ghost AppDefend and it looks elegant and very effective in controlling "almost anything" on my pc. But, my main purpose of using this software is for outgoing network connections.. it really can blocks any applications trying to go out of my pc as I just uses the built-in windows xp sp2 firewall.

Knowing that this software is really good, still, it eats up some system resources and ram memory. I just like to use the outgoing Network application controls.:cautious: :blink:

Did you know some free software that its only job is to control outgoing network connections to supplement my built-in windows xp sp2 firewall? :rolleyes: :blink: o_O

2. dylanfan

dylanfan Registered Member

Hi
    I rely heavily on SSM.

Otherwise, I'd go for OutpostPro.

Cheers

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u could try WyvernWorks Firewall. this recent thread briefly mentions disabling its firewall and using it solely for app monitoring.

4. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

ZoneAlarm as long as you disable the internet filter, looknstop as long as you disable the internet filter, prevx1, and many more that I don't have on the top of my head at the moment :D

Alphalutra1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.