Software testing - a 32-year-old message

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Software testing ... You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. Behold, a cheerful article about the importance of professional software testing, control and validation, with the look at the 1980s computer game industry and the steady deterioration of quality of applications and software products in the modern era. Enjoy.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/software-development-qa-message.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

It's not.
    Thanks, good article.

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

There are the lies, too. Microsoft assured us Windows 11 couldn't run on older processors. Turned out my Gen 7 Intel is as good as the Gen 8 Intel Microsoft was pushing.

Its rock solid on my supposedly unsupported hardware. Speaking of the unsupported part, its doubtful Microsoft did any real world testing on its older Surface line devices.

In part, it explains why my Surface Pro 3 runs Windows 11 as well as the new Surface Pro 8!

If you're looking for quality assurance work even from the software giants, you're in a for long wait and that's with 30+ years worth of continuous development in the Windows space.

Atque Vale!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.