Soft4Boost software??? Soft4Boost Document Converter anybody use it?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zapjb, Feb 7, 2015.

1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Just saw these at MG.

5 softwares by Soft4Boost 4 freewares & 1 bundleware.

The one I am specifically interested in is
    Soft4Boost Document Converter 3.2.5.165
    Soft4Boost Document Converter is an easy-to-use software application designed to view and convert various types of documents.

Anybody use it? Is this software & company any good? TIA

Every once in a while I get sent documents I can't open because I don't like or use full featured office software. I find all full office software extremely hard to use, I'm r******* in office software.

Those wondering I've used MS Office, Libre & Open.

Now so I can actually function I use AbiWord, MS Office Excel Viewer, MS Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003, & MS Office Word Viewer 2003.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I just installed this for the first time, and converted a few PDF files to DOC files. I initially tried to convert to DOCX but this was getting an error message to switched to DOC. I converted a PDF file of text to a Word DOC file and the conversion was fine, but for files with tables or graphics it does a pretty bad job. There is much better software for converting documents.

I also tried two of their other programs. Any Uninstaller did an absolutely terrible job of finding leftovers after uninstalling a program (It wanted to delete my Adobe Air folder, and my public Desktop folder). Also the user interface is really badly designed with no way to sort programs alaphabetically. Next up was Update Checker which actually did find a few updates for software I have installed.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks roger m. "....There is much better software for converting documents....."
    What free program(s) do you recommend? I'm looking for the "7zip" of document converters. Free, lean, easy & does a huge amount of formats.

4. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Web based document conversion like Zamzar, YouConvertIt, etc..? Also take a look at Doxillion because right now I see that is on sale ($29.99 instead of $49.00). It has a clean, uncluttered interface, similar to the 7zip simplistic 'way' of doing things.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I looked at Doxillion.

But right off the bat I'm aggravated. It doesn't list which formats it converts. Just says, "Doxillion is a multi-format converter and the fastest way to convert DOC, DOCX, PDF, WPS, Word, HTML and other file types."

What other file types? Jeez. A list of which inputs to which outputs isn't too much to ask is it?

Next. Still looking & asking for help. TIA

6. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.