So what image tools are you using now?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

ShadowProtect in the past with XP and Vista, very reliable but too expensive. Macrium Reflect home edition nowadays, also very reliable and fast (using USB 3.0). I wish they'd offer a discount for two licenses...

2. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

@Arvy,

That was very puzzling indeed. So much so that all of the suggestions I received from @TheRollbackFrog (and from MR Support) did not resolve the message I received every time I attempted to create the Boot Menu Option (“An error occurred while unmounting the WIM"). While I was quite frustrated at the time I have become accustomed to using a WinPE Recovery UFD (as created by MR) to perform a restore.

JA

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:29 PM
  3. Arvy

Arvy Registered Member

Any WIM mounting/unmounting issue would usually arise during the Reflect "wizard's" creation of some WinPE version rescue build. Merely adding a pointer option into the system BCD boot menu for a successfully created boot image shouldn't require any mounting/unmounting of the WIM itself. However, if you've become accustomed to using your rescue UFD, it provides better "insurance" anyhow if recovery from a total failure situation is ever required.

4. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

@Arvy, the error message to which Jo Ann alluded is the very same one I received and I might add that MR's support team was less than helpful. Like Jo Ann, I too no longer desire that option, so at this point the problem (and solution) is strictly academic.