So what do you guys think of the new BOclean?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by disinter1, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Yeah, noticed that too right off the bat plus it was a struggled to keep the Exclusions box from hanging up when browsing to files i needed to place in it, they did finally take however. Since so many users were bombarding the forums with wanting this free version as soon as they could, i summise COMODO gave them their wish. I'm sure the GUI will eventually get a new look (archaic, yes), the upper scan screen definitely is reminisence of 98 days without a doubt but then it's the function not the looks most depend on. Expect bug fixes and facelifts since COMODO surely will act on concerns IMO.

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I don't use Prevx1 but the rest of it I have used for months. No problem what so ever. Switched around with the FW you have spoken of no problems. I agree with monty64 :thumb:

3. mercurie

He knows that...don't understand his post. Also all versions that I know of come with their own uninstaller. Never ever had a problem with that. :p

4. Seishin

Seishin Registered Member

Keep Windows built-in FW.

I think you should read this interesting thread on this over at DSLReports:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,14671194~days=9999~start=340

Read LinkLogger and B's comments right in the middle of that page.

BoClean is a very nice addition and the best anti-trojan of the market.

5. mercurie

Wow, is it that bad. I suggested a dragon to replace the vaccum. I will reserve judgement on that aspect. :(

EDIT: In the other thread I see where BLUE posted screen shot...I now see the icon in the tray in that screen shot :p :p :thumbd: Not as good as the old. I agree.

6. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Thanks 19monty64, Sehisin, and mercurie, I'll stay with Windows XP FW and give CBOClean a spin. It may be overkill, but if it runs as light as people are saying then what the heck. Thanks again to everyone that answered me and take care.

7. flimbag

flimbag Registered Member

I installed BoClean after SSM. Both working fine here.

8. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Mine keeps closing down and I don't know why. Posted the problem in Comodo's BOclean forum and am awaiting an official response.

9. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Working great here.Along with Dr web ,regdefend and regrun gold

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi why RD and RR together?

11. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

For any of these type of message popups that you could do without,

http://johanneshuebner.com/en/clickoff.shtml

I have used this App. for a couple of years, clean and free,

in my case I use it daily to avoid seeing any of those PITA Windows popup reminder messages such as,

" If you don't have Active X on, the page may not display correctly".

" Are you sure you want to exit."

It only stops you seeing individual messages that you decide you don't want to see.

12. aigle

aigle Registered Member

thanks for the tip.
    But I think it,s the job of a software to control its own behaviour via its settings. I will not like another software just to control the bahaviour of the previous one.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I installed the pre-release boclean at Comodo, and it seemed OK with a few things missing like the support link. Then after a day or two I was exploring the Boclean menu bar, and shortly after I got a message that Boclean had to shut down. This happened a few times, so I uninstalled and re-installed it, and it's been good since. I have noticed a few wierd things like losing my internet connection momentarily a few times. This hasn't happened to me in ages, so for it to happen after I installed Boclean is suspicious. I'm letting Boclean soak for a while to see if it has to settle in. :)

14. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

It seems to me people are reporting more problems with BOC as a free version compared to when it was a paid program.
    Could be because more people are now using BOC because it is free but on the other hand 10 years in the business and BOC was practically a quiet program.

15. E-Buzz

E-Buzz Registered Member

Regarding your dropped Internet connection problem, on the Comodo support forum at least three users of BOClean has reported that under certain circumstances BOClean totally trashes your Winsock. There´s obviously an option that allows BOClean to clear out some kind of Winsock data or sumthing and that seems to cause problems for some users. Maybe that could be a part of your problem?

16. Trencherman

Trencherman Registered Member

Installed Comodo BOClean on a Win XP SP2 machine that had never had BOClean. Found that BOClean misidentifies most compiled AutoIt scripts as malware and shuts them down. The "excluder" failed to retain its settings, hence BOClean had to be uninstalled. The uninstaller could not be activated via Add/Remove. A fairly shabby performance, IMHO.

17. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

E-Buzz, Thanks for that info :)

18. gismo999

gismo999 Registered Member

I have never had boclean on my machine ever....until it was released at comodo
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because I have'nt had any problems.

I have un installed it twice, and all is working fine, but, I'm still playing with it.

I have XP Home SP2, running Avira, Spyware Terminator, Comodo FW Windows defender, Spyware Blaster startup programs.

Have used SAS free, AVG AS, a-squared, and Bitdefender8 all on demand

These programs seem to work just fine with Boclean, at least on my machine.

19. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

That has already happened to me.I could not even repair my winsock.At the time i did not know Boclean may have caused it.Happened several days ago.I now see the it under configure Boclean -- uncheck Automatic cleanup of winsock connectivity.Wish i had noticed that before

I like running Boclean,but that caused me a headache.Glad i had my system backed up:)

20. Caratacus

Caratacus Registered Member

I bought the paid version of BoClean last year, but had to uninstall it and apply for a refund (promptly given) because it repeatedly froze my system (Windows XP), which normally is not prone to locking. This week I put the free version on, and within 24 hours my system froze again - which it has not done since the last time BoClean was on it.

21. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

As I mentioned earlier, I had briefly lost my connection a few times after installing the new free version, and lost a sys tray icon, which came back after re-booting. They say you can uncheck the wynsock, but then it will be something else. The system seemed a little unstable for brief periods, but nothing too noticable. I figured I would let BOClean soak for a week or two to see if it would mellow out, but later decided I really don't need it.

22. Get

Get Guest

Works like a charm here. No problems whatsoever. Btw I unticked all the "Automatic blabla.."-options.

23. james246

james246 Registered Member

A lovely program - no sign of trouble here.
    On the basis of my experience I would recommend that everyone should consider it

24. Riverrun

Riverrun Registered Member

Works well for me. No problems. Had to uninstall it at the weekend because of a problem un related to BOClean; it's back on now and working well.

25. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I had some probs with it remembering the EXCLUSIONS among other things. Anyway is not for me but i am glad to see those who favor it find it does what they expect from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.