So PO'ed at Acronis TI 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anthony_g, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony_g

anthony_g Registered Member

Recently my Western Digital hdd started sounding like a jet engine. After reading all the reviews I decided to try True Image 9. It worked like a charm. It worked so well that I decided to BUY it. I dl'ed, got my s/n in an email, unisntalled the trial version and installed the latest full version. I then had to reboot, which was no problem. HOWEVER when I now click on the icon it says "Error Acronis True Image can not find the proper serial number. You should reinstall the product"....which I did....MANY TIMES.
    I am now kicking my self for not buying Norton Ghost.
    What is the sense of having us use Serial numbers if it can't recognise a REAL ONE!!!
    WHats worse is that their is no phone support. Norton call centre may be in INDIA but atleast they HAVE ONE.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    I have placed a trouble ticket with Acronis but am not placing much faith in ever recieving an answer.

2. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Try reading back through the threads - there were others with your problem. I'll see if I can find the relevant threads......

3. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Well you have come to the right place for help ... much closer than India :D

4. Rxrich

Rxrich Registered Member

ATT Chitsman
    Re: your/you're
    you knew what he meant didn't you?

Rich

5. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Chutsman's signature line referring to Your, etc, has no relevance to the preceding thread whatsoever, unless he's trying to demonstrate his lack of grasp for proper English grammar. :D

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. anthony_g

anthony_g Registered Member

Hi Irina Shirokova, I was just about to post how I fixed my problem when I saw your post...Actually I have fixed it PERMANTLY. After waiting the 48 hours and not getting a response I have given up on acronis and purchased norton ghost 10 which actually *gasp* installed and works :>

How does one go about expediting a refund as this program never worked for me?

FYI my "support" number is 404251 (for the orginal problem)
    for my request for a refund: the number is 406095

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.