So Long For Now....

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by hayc59, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

After having to reformatt(and losing valuable data and other things)(2) because of unforseen
    problems with Nod32beta 1/2
    and some other problems(Jv16/TrojanHunter) I have decided to say so long for now and wait and see if things improve with time! Its been a fun and learning experience!!
    and Palo, Jan, Rodzilla,and Jack and everyone else has been great with all thier knowledge and experience.
    I am going back to AVG by Grisoft for now anyways.
    thank you all for your help and knowledge.....Peace

2. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

It was over and over clearly stated that beta use is:

1. for experienced users only
    2. at your own risk

What kind of problems did you have?

Wish you good luck with AVG

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi hayc59,

>After having to reformatt(and losing valuable data and other things)(2) because of unforseen
    problems with Nod32beta 1/2

I'm not happy you reformatted your disk - I'd just like to know the closer reason for that.

>and some other problems(Jv16/TrojanHunter) I have decided to say so long for now and wait and see if things improve with time! Its been a fun and learning experience!!

The things WILL improve - the patience helps - as with the IMON and Poco Mail problem - more about Beta here.

>I am going back to AVG by Grisoft for now anyways.

I'm also not glad about that - but of course you can have your own choice - see the topic AVG is MUCH better than Nod32.

Be well.

jan :)

4. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

first off i never said AVG was anywhere close
    to Nod(i know its not) but it is what i used for years
    before i found Nod!!! and i still think it is far superior
    to AVG.. ;)
    But the two reformatts were for some gall darn reason
    it pulled my explorer.exe file with it when i un-istalled the last two beta(version2beta2)and i hate to reformatt for anyone or any software..... :D
    also i cannot stand having to disable Amon every freakin time i want to use Jv16 or Trojan Hunter, or update either one!!
    believe me i will come back to it(Nod32)!!!
    i just have gotten to a point in my life that i run the software i purchase, not the software runs me!!(life is to short and i am gonna have fun now)I know way to much info!! but until things get better i will use that other AV software for now...... again thanks for all you info and help and wisdom........ :D :D :D

5. Wheras I can sympathize with you in having to format your hard drive, I don't think that was necceasry if you use either cloning software or back up your documnts and other files. I do a 3 times a week back up.. :D

As well noted on other posts.. I have been having freeze ups WITH BOTH THE REGULAR NOD32 AND THE BETA.. I just bought a new Gateway, and I had the SAME freeze ups/lock ups I had with my old Computer. and that was before I installed my other regular software.. Jan knows the programs I use; I sent everything I could think off to him..

Of course, I will wait it out, too. but in order to be able to use the TrojanHunter program, on my new Gateway, it came pre installed with NAV, I'll just use that for the time being...

I do agree, however, the support from Jan and Rod are the best! I have recommended and will still recommend NOD32, but that AMON is causing some difficulty, and likewise, I won't give up on NOD32 too! I will just install NOD32 in another older computer at home...For some reason, it doesn't seem to have the same problem on a WIn 98SE....

Thanks
    Shooter

6. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.