So is TI version 8..still the best

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nealh, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nealh

nealh Registered Member

I am so dismayed to see all the issues with TI..I have for a long time trumpeted how great this program was...but version 9/10 do not look s ohot

I still use version 8

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Version 8 worked well for me. So did version 9 and now version 10 is working well also. My PC is about three years old so some of the issues users are seeing appear to be related to newer motherboards and the associated chipsets.

In all fairness I must say that I don't use some of the newer 'features'. I only make full backups manually as desired plus a scheduled backup every morning at 6:30 AM (this only takes 7 minutes on my system so I don't see any need to deal with incrementals etc.). Images have been restored many times and all were successful with all of the above versions. What I do tho is after restoring an image I always run the [chkdsk c: /r] utility. This may/maynot be a necessity but in the past I found it necessary after restoring a system using Norton Ghost 2003. In any event it can't hurt.

Realize also that many/most of the folks posting in the newsgroup are dealing with problems and this representation doesn't account for the others where the system is working well for them. There are of course exceptions where a user reports that all is well.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If TI 8 supports your hardware, and if the new features of TI 10 don't appeal to you, then version 8 is perfect.

New hardware may make an upgrade essential, and both TI 9 and 10 support a lot more new hardware. Version 10 will continue to support new hardware as it is introduced.

For example, I used TI 8 until I upgraded a system to a new Dell Optiplex 520 in December. The TI 8 recovery CD doesn't support the USB mouse and keyboard on that new system, but TI 9 does. That justifies an upgrade.

Enjoy TI 8 if it does the job for you and upgrade when there is an essential benefit.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

V8 build 937 was rock solid for me. I moved to V9 only because V8 did not support my new SATA drive.

I agree with jmk94903 - if v8 works with your hardware, there is no need to change unless one of the new features is something you desperately want.

F.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

This is true for all software. Golden rule of licensed software: A newgrade is not necessarily an upgrade; it depends on the features, any old bugs fixed in the newgrade, any new bugs in the newgrade, and the user's needs.

good luck,
    sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.