so far firefox 3.0.1 has fixed my crashing issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

for anyone having issues you may want to try this out and see if it works for you.. ive been using it all day and so far not a single crash where i normally would crash at least 4-10 times a day seriously sometimes even more..

here is the download page.. find your language and choice of installs. remove the old one first (saving personal info seemed to work fine for me) and install.. hope it helps some of you out:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/3.0.1-candidates/build1/unsigned/

2. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

Thanks, I'm going to try this one. FF 3 is great but crashes a lot more than FF2. Do I really need to uninstall all my extensions or can I just install over the old one?

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have a feeling a lot of those crashes you guys talk about are due to all the extension rather than FF itself. I have used Firefox 3 and have never seen even one crash, even in the betas. But all I use are 2 extensions, mouse gestures and NoScript. I think if you load up too much stuff in there, who knows what's going to happen.....

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

FF3 is crash-free here, unlike FF2 which nearly made me give up on the browser. Add-on makers seem to be a lot slower updating for FF3, and using ones not specifically for FF3 might cause problems.

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

FF 3 crash free here too. All the same extensions as before, including the beta of Tab Mix Plus...

6. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I cannot recall ever having had a crash on FF2 or FF3, and I run a handful of add-on extensions. I have uninstalled a few recently as I simply feel I no loinger need them. The complete list of what I do have installed (including the DEV build of TabMixPlus) is here

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  7. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

If FF is crashing you can start it in safemode through the start menu which may help pinpoint the source of the prob.
    FF Safemode.JPG

8. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

I do run a lot of extensions (IMO that's one of the main reasons to use Firefox instead of say Opera). With FF3 the number of extensions was reduced because some features are now builtin, and most of them haven't been updated yet. However with FF2 I never had a crash, and this is not the case now.

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

crashes even with only flash player installed for me on at least 3 systems before this update.. seriously its not the extensions for me .. this solved whatever was causing it

10. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

i crashed probably 5-10 times a day on FF2......its now a rare event on 3

11. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    I'd check security apps and tweaks and such ... because I never had FF crash on me, any which version.
    Mrk

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Same here.... last time Firefox crashed on me was way back when it was called Phoenix 0.5...

13. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Ahh, Phoenix, good times, good times :)

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yep, and that's when it truly was FAST..... :)

15. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yep, it's lost some of its excitement now too to me and my colleagues. I remember when it was actually "cool" to be using it, before it became the "must have" and before the safety argument was the main reason behind its adoption. Off-topic somewhat but I always thought the Phoenix looked a LOT better than the Fox :)

16. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

FF 3.0.1 is set to be released on July 16. I'm running it now, the only extension which didn't work was TabMixPlus and nightly tester tools took care of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.