So Acronis recommend you use another program to backup emails?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jacobean, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobean

jacobean Registered Member

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

ATI does not have support for real-time backup and restoration of each and every email. Its a 'point-in-time' backup and restoration software.

It can backup your outlook folder like any ordinary folder but you will need to restore the entire folder too if you want whatever was backed-up returned.

Pretty much; yea.

3. jacobean

restore the entire backup archive you mean?

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Not sure what the problem is here. Using Outlook I just make an image of my data drive. If an email gets deleted by mistake just mount the image and copy the outlook pst file and then open with the outlook data file management and copy the lost e-mail to the active outlook folder. It takes longer to explain than to do.

5. jacobean

;) I get ya...

quick question - If ATI puts all its backup files into slices - (like it does with mine) how do you know which "slice" to restore? eg. if you lost an important email?

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

AFAIK, the slices just represent a string of backups (FULL and several INCs for example). You need to select the slice with the date to which you want to restore.

7. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Just to add –
    I have a FULL created on the 1st and then an INC created on the 15th. If I open either of the .tib files, I’m presented with two slices, one dated the 1st and the other the 15th.

8. jacobean

thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.