SnoopWall for Android

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FOXP2, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

FYI
    -http://www.snoopwall.com/products/snoopwall-for-android-devices-phones-and-tablets/-

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

I don't think Google wants us controlling our devices or the apps installed on them, thus recently removing the Ap Ops feature in KitKat.

3. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

Currently using NoRoot Firewall here. Is it overkill if I get SnoopWall..?

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

They offer a thirty day free trial but I can't find any info on the website about the cost of a subscription.

Edit - this from the Google Play Store:

You can always choose to upgrade to add additional functionality such as automated blocking technology for as little as $1.29 USD per month or only $9.95 USD per year for one device or less for more devices. The upgrade includes additional features and does cost money. The upgrade is not required for SnoopWall to audit and alert you when applications are misbehaving and trying to spy on you or steal your information.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

So anyone give this a try yet?
    Interesting looking, still a little reluctant on trying till I hear some feedback though.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I tried the free version and didn't find it very useful. It offers different "profiles" which toggle WiFi, GPS and BT with the idea of saving battery. I have widgets on my phone screen to easily toggle these so I saw no value in that feature. There are numerous apps that will take an inventory of installed applications and list their permissions, but all you can do is uninstall them if you feel the permissions are excessive. I didn't try the trial for the full version. That might have more useful features. As they say YMMV so why not give it a try and add a review?

8. woomera

woomera Registered Member

why pay for this?
    this doesnt do anything that xprivacy+AFwall wont do and they both are free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.