Snapshot vs fast imaging

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Isso, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Isso thanks for the detailed response. consider me as a beta tester too.

And.... please do include both block level and file level restores.
    Also consider to make it possible to perform on demand incrementals by disabling the continuously monitoring.
    Snapshot apps that are based in monitoring take a lto of space on the disk and when performing old snapshots take ages to restore...

Panagiotis

2. Isso

Isso Developer

OK thank you guys. I'll be back as soon as we have something stable enough to release as beta - I target in 2 months from now, but may be even sooner.

Panagiotis,

Sorry, I'm not sure about file level restore at this phase, as it may require more development time.
    As for only on demand snapshots - no problem.

3. pandlouk

Nice thanks.

As long as you allow us to load the snapshot as a virtual drive I can use FastCopy to do the rest.:D

Panagiotis

4. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Very interested in what you're brewing, Isso. You can't tease us like and not deliver. You better come back. ;)

5. Isso

Isso Developer

Panagiotis,

Virtual drive will be supported.

MarcP,

I'm a long time wilders member, and I don't have any plans to disappear :) Will do my best to meet the expectations.

6. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

is this going to be a free or paid app ?. either way i am definitely interested so long as the price and license/activation policy are reasonable

Gazzer

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I agree with that. I dont mind paying, quite alot actually, for a good software that I like, this is my hobby and I have all the money I need to spend on what I like, but I just hate some activation policies.

I have completely stopped using the, in my opinion, absolutely best imaging software there is (or was at least when I used it): Shadow Protect, because of their stupid activation policy. If I pay for a software I dont want to have to stand on my knees to beg for activations if I decide, for whatever reason, to change hardware or reinstall Windows 2 or more times. It is just degrading..dont want to pay for that. Especially since there was (still is?) cracks for SP for all the people who dont bother about the developers. I hope Isso takes that into consideration :)

8. Isso

Isso Developer

Gazzer, sukarof

Thank you, I prefer to release the beta, see how it is accepted, and then, if there is interest I'll think about the licensing.
    Anyway I can promise that if the product is paid then there won't be any activations/binding to hardware. From my experience it only decreases the sales.

9. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Fully agree! Bad activation policy only punishes the legit user who has paid for it. Bad activation policy never punishes the non-legit user.

Best regards,

10. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Excellent! Couldn't have said it any better.

Best regards,

11. garry35

if you stick to your word and the software is good, then i would definately buy. i entirely agree with what others have said (and added) to activation and i think theres a big market for the program your describing and i look forward to testing it, good luck with future development and sales. maybe you can finally gives this particular part of the software industry the shot in the arm it so desperately needs

Gazzer

12. Isso

Isso Developer

Gazzer,

Thank you. We have limited resources to compete with the major players, but will do our best to deliver a product as per my original description. Then perhaps with the help of the community we can develop it into something unique.

13. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

If your product is good and you offer good presence on social media to keep in touch with your customers, that can transform you into a big player. It is not impossible if your product is really good. :)

14. garry35

if you live up to your activation promises and actually listen to the community and provide fast accurate response, and maybe add new or better features as requested then i think you would have no problem making your software a big success.

15. Isso

Isso Developer

Marc, Garry, thank you. I'll do my best

16. pandlouk

Hi ruinbabine,

sorry I missed your post earlier.
    I don't know who bought the FD technology. Maybe EMC? Avamar 6.1 seems to use a similar technology for some of its features.

Panagiotis

17. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Hi,
    Just found out this thread. What you are describing seems pretty close to one imaging software I use : AIP/Advanced(/Active ?) Image Protector from Rectiphy software. There is a free version on AIPFree.com (Linux recovery Media).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.