snapshot disc image

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi i just used snap shot disc image im not gr8 with these things?? anyhow i think i picked c drive to back up when asked me..said something like 44345rmb forgot anyhow i backed it up..now its checking it..test image after back up!! I run NTFS windows home..only have 1 Hd .. my question is i saved the file now do i use this file to restore if something goes wrong with system? if i back this file up onto disc and say my system crashedo_O can i used this file to restore all programs and O/s back to its former state or do i need another program for that? without using heaps of discso_O i just have a Cd rewrite..thanks MD :rolleyes:

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

If you aquire a virus or something , you can restore the old " good " image from snapshot . ( If you can get it to work ) . And support is rude ! As for making copies . I do not think that program will allow you to save to a cd . Not sure . But , if you could save the file to a cd , you can use that as well . Hope that helps as I know this is a bit confusing /

3. maddawgz

thanks hollywood..i noticed where i saved it to my folder it was like 9 files sn9 sn3 sn2, etc etc..all same size? thought woulda just been 1..i also did a floppy disc rescue thing what do i do with that ?? Sorry bit dumb here lol..MD

4. hollywoodpc

You are not dumb and never feel the need to apologize . You might teach me something here . The rescue disk . Is that floppy a copy of the snapshot or the program itself . if it is of the program , it is to reinstall if your hard drive gets screwed . And the folder with 9 . Is it 9 seperate snaps or just one that was broken down into 9 different areas and put on one snap ?

5. maddawgz

ok um the floppy was i think the program itself..had exes on it..not back up of software on my system? rescue type disco_O the other files yes i think r broken down thought it would have just created 1 image file?? what are the programs out there that back up your HDD so if u crash or reload windows you dont need to reload all the programs again..i think that's what i want?? Ill keep snapshot for viruses or if i delte a file or something..thanks again MD

thanks not the greatest with pc's here :rolleyes:

6. hollywoodpc

OK . I think what you have is for that . I could not get it to work . For me , I LOVE First Defense ISR by Raxco . You download it . Make a disc image and it is saved . If anything major happens to your system , instead of reformatting , just go and click on First Defense and choose the image . It will take you right back to how your system was , WITH all your programs from that time , just like the major problem never happened . Very sweet program . At boot up , it pops up , tells you to click for boot options . Leave it alone and it will continue on to boot . If your system gets a virus or some software causes a conflict or you notice a huge slowdown in your system , instead of reformatting , just click on First Defense at boot up . GREAT program my friend . Does that help ? Send me a pm and I will tell you more .

7. maddawgz

wow thanks hollywood..cheers..ill go search for it. now MD :D

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Bear in mind that FDISR will protect you against anything but a hard disk failure. For that you need either backup or disk image programs. Snapshot falls into the image category. Like Hollywoodpc, I couldn't figure out how to get the restore to work.

9. maddawgz

ok after a bit of searching and with hollywood's help i settled on this one its brilliant and i bought it..easy to use nice interface I also kept snapshot 2 :D

http://www.drive-image.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.