Snapman.sys and Storagecraft Products...?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by capatt, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capatt

capatt Registered Member

Hello
    Is the latest version of ATI Home 11 compatible with Storagecraft's products, yet?
    There's an earlier (closed) thread regarding the incompatibility of snapman.sys and ShadowProtect / ShadowUser that causes BSOD.

I'm primarily interested in using ShadowUser.

Acronis was aware of the problem......

Anyone know?

Thanks

2. como

como Registered Member

I would suggest that you ask Storagecraft as you are interest in their products

3. como

como Registered Member

Sorry don't know what went wrong

4. FBMachines

FBMachines Registered Member

Wow Como, that was kind of harsh :eek: . The problem was definitely in the Acronis coding or handling of certain conditions. That being said here is a link to the thread where Acronis supplied a new version of snapman that resolved it for me. My incompatibility was between Echo Workstation and ShadowProtect 3.x, so I can't say for sure with ATI Home and ShadowUser.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=199557

And the Storagecraft forum link...

http://forum.storagecraft.com/Community/forums/t/368.aspx?PageIndex=1

5. como

como Registered Member

I cannot comment on your statement "The problem was definitely in the Acronis coding or handling of certain conditions." The words "I'm primarily interested in using ShadowUser." struck me as being odd being posted in the TI forum. If I was" primarily interested" in competitors products I would post in their forum and not TI’s.

6. FBMachines

What Acronis program does ShadowUser directly compete with? It sounds like the OP is using or wants to start using ATI 11 in conjunction with ShadowUser so we as community should offer our related knowledge instead of saying go elsewhere.

There was (possibly still is in certain situations) a conflict with the Acronis made file/service, sysman.sys, and other software; so this is the appropriate place to post such a question. I agree, the OP could/should cross post in the StorageCraft forum to increase the likely hood of a valid answer to his/her question.

To Capatt...
    The only way to know for sure in your situation is to try it out. Make sure you update to the latest version of each app and also the latest version of snapapi from Acronis (Sorry, I don't have a link to the latest version but if you search you can likely find one or ask support for a copy).

7. como

como Registered Member

I’m sorry to have caused any problems, in my ignorance I confused Shadowuser with Shadowprotect, about which there has been a number of posts over the last few weeks.

8. FBMachines

No problems, Como. I may have taken other frustrations out on you :oops: . For that I apologize. :)

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello capatt,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it, if it works flawlessly you can upgrade Acronis True Image 11 Home to Acronis True Image Home 2009 for $29.99. Use this link to download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

10. Gianni

Gianni Registered Member

I happened to read this thread a little bit too late but AFAIK Acronis appears to have resolved this issue in products which contain version 3.3.0.359 or greater of their snapman.sys and snapapi.dll binaries. :thumb:

I'm currently running both ATIH Build 12.0.0.9796 [containing snapman.sys v 3.5.0.423] and StorageCraft ShadowProtect Desktop Edition v3.3.0.16 without any conflicts/BSODs ever on XP Pro SP2/SP3. :cool:

FYI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.