Snapdeploy: Master Image Corrupted

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Slider162, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slider162

Slider162 Registered Member

Snapdeploy: Sysprep and Templates

This is my second attempt at imaging a test system. On my first attempt, the system was imaged successfully only to find out that upon the next boot I had an OS error. My question is the purpose of using sysprep if you have to use templates. Keep in mind, I do use an answer file. Unless I am missing something, all of the usernames, passwords, computer names, and workgroups are already on the image. The SID is reset during sysprep. I did create a template without entering any or as little information as possible the first time. I'm not sure what went wrong or why the system won't boot now. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree. I will try again and see what happens.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. Slider162

Re: Snapdeploy: Sysprep and Templates

I just checked the image and it said "Image archive corrupted," not a good sign. Is that why a PXE boot is not suggested when creating the master image?

"We strongly recommend that you use a bootable version of Acronis Master Image Creator to create a master image on a local machine instead of masterimage creation on a remote computer."

Not quite sure what they mean by local machine. Is this to say that I cannot dump the image to another machine on the network?

Attached Files:

3. Slider162

I have created 4 master images and all 4 have been corrupted. I would love to investigate this product further as I am using the eval because it is perfect for what I need. I have created images from the PXE boot and CD. I am imaging a 2003 server. The Image server is 2000. Any help would be appreciated.

4. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

check the memory of the server this could be your problem.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Slider162,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please clarify how you create the image file (on a local machine using a bootable media or on remote computer)? Please describe all your actions before the issue appears step-by-step. Also please let us know where the backup are saved to.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

6. Ixra

Ixra Guest

Slider162,

I have the same exact problem.

Just one word of advice, when they say they strongly recommend a bootable version of Acronis Master Image Creator they mean that it is strongly recommended to do the process of imaging the computer in the computer itself, notwithstanding if you put the image file in the same PC or in a networked drive. It also means that they recommend to use a bootable version of Acronis Master Image Creator regardless they are boot disks or PXE. They are not disregarding the use of PXE.

On the other hand I am having the same problem. All the images I create are corrupted. And it's very difficult to create the images because the process of creating the image hangs very, very often, so I have to restart the PC and start over again and again until I am lucky and the image is created. However when I perform an image check, it always appears corrupted.

Guess I'll have to switch to RIS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.