SnapDeploy 2.0 Universal Deploy and Drivers

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jeremyotten, Jun 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edanto

edanto Registered Member

Damn, I was really hoping someone would have been able to advise me about this!

Basically, do I have to unpack each driver .exe into it's own folder, or can I overwrite the .cab files it warns me about when I try to unpack them all into the same place?

2. edanto

edanto Registered Member

Update - still no success. I'm amazed that Acronis tech support haven't been able to say to me, just do this, this and this.

There's no way that I'm the first person to go through this.

As it happens, the computer I'm setting up has to go with a colleague overseas tomorrow, so I've abondoned Acronis for now and I'm getting the drivers one at a time from the HP website.

Tech support have told me that they'll be back to me in a few hours, and I'm hoping that they can tell me how to use Universal Deploy in the way that is was advertised, as I still have about 4 or 5 different HP laptops to roll out an OS to and I hope I don't have to do them all individually.

3. NeuroTR

NeuroTR Registered Member

WHEN?o_O

4. mute

mute Registered Member

Ok i need some help here please.

Let me explain my situation. I have 500 new systems to image. They arent all the same hardware. Here is how i am doing it. I will be using SnapDeploy and TrueImage. A Master image will be created from a clean main system. I will use SnapDeploy to deploy those images out. One problem ran into is on universal deploy, when you select drivers i selected the drivers for a different system config but after it was all said and done the drivers wernt installed on that system. I understand now that universal deploy doesnt cover these types of drivers(vga, nic, etc). So i need a way to get all the drivers for the different systems into the master image. I see now that i can use this Driver Genius Pro program to accomplish this. So that is now covered

Now my next problem is this. After all these images are deployed, i want to have a usb hd with hte image on too. This way down teh road if a system needs a re-image i can goto the site and use true image, boot it up and restore the image to that system. Now the only problem with this is the sid needs to be different. Because when you deploy with snapdeploy u can auto haev the sid change. Buit when your doing it manually with Trueimage, there isnt that option. So what i found out is that you use SysPrep? What i need to know is what exact switches do i need to use, -mini? -reseal? -factory?

5. bflance

bflance Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.