Snap restore , New feature? How?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wokoenig, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello Forum,
    I have bought TI 9 ( last version).
    The description on the Homepage tells about a new feature, call Snap restore.
    But how does it work?
    My backups are on another Partition, never I see an option to make a "snap resore". The Help is not helpfull.
    I need more information.

However: sorry for my bad english :)

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

There is nothing wrong with your English :)

As I understand it this feature allows the restoration of an image without having to reboot or close applications. If so I would expect that by simply doing a restore as normal (or recover or whatever Acronis are calling it in this version) and then not being told to shutdown, you are doing a "Snap Restore".

Not sure this is a feature I would feel comfortable using :)

3. wokoenig

wokoenig Registered Member

Hello foghorne,

A restore from my systempartition is only possible if TI reboot.
    No Systempartitions I can make a restore during working with XP.
    But this is not a new feature. TI 7 and 8 does the same.
    What is new on the "snap restore"o_O?

4. Hannes

Hannes Registered Member

The snap restore is a feature that requires the installation of the "acronis secure zone". Just had a look in the manual, havn't used that feature yet. If I got it right, you can start working with your computer while the restore still is in progress.

5. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

It would be nice for Acronis to reply to this one. What exactly is Snap Restore and when does one know it is being used ?

6. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=103113

See my thread on Snap Restore.... It wiped my hard drive of all partitions. I was trying to use it to restaore an image of my operating system to my C:\ partition using Acronis TI boot F11... It failed and wiped the all of the other partitions leaving only the secure zone and unallocated space.

I am using TI 9.0.0.2289. I would strongly suggest not using Snap Restore, not even clicking the selection of it from the restore wizzard or you'll be screwed. Hopefully this is just a bug that can and will be addressed in the next build, but only time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.