Snap Deploy Template Problems

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by George Bird, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Bird

George Bird Registered Member

We have purchased Snap deploy and have placed it on a dedicated windows2003 server. We also have the corporate workstation versions to support our Dell laptops that are in use in the field. Specifically we have found that a PXE boot will not work on Latitude D600 series that I thought was something that Dell did not support. If this is not the case, please let me know.

Of a greater concern is that we have no problem pushing an image to the Snap deploy server booting off a master image creator CD but can not push saved images back to laptops booting the laptop from a Snap Deploy Agent CD. On the laptop side it just sits there saying its trying to sync the operating system, then times-out and shuts down. I have seen other posts with the same problem, but no posted hints on what to do except to create logs and send them in for analysis.

On the Dell laptops I have, the floppy is USB and I can't mount them to get a copy of the log file once I disable quite mode to get to a command prompt. I also do not see log files on the server side being generate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.