Snap Deploy - Master Image Check Error

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by kiplaws, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiplaws

kiplaws Registered Member

Just installed everything on one PC (Snap Deploy):

License Server Management Console, Deployment Management Console, PXE server and the OS Deploy Server.

I had two .tib images saved off on a different HDD. The very first thing I tried to do is verify those images. When I click on the "Check Master Image" tool, I get this message:

Error:

E00640022: Unsupported protocol
    Agent on the remote computer does not support creating/checking image protocols or it has a different version.

What is causing this? I have installed everything on the same PC. There is no "remote" machine housing any of the installed items.

Note: When installing the OS deployment server software, you're prompted for the address or name of the license server. I entered "localhost". Would that cause this error? Should I have used 127.0.0.1? Should I have let the installer find the server itself?

Thanks in advance!!
    -Kip

2. doxenberg

doxenberg Registered Member

Just my $.02 worth but for the purposes of Snap Deploy both "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" are ambiguous. You should supply either the name of the computer or it's IP address.
    At the very least it is worth a try just to see if it makes any difference.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kiplaws,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please try to let Acronis Management Console find Acronis License Server automatically.

If it still fails to find License Server then please describe your network configuration in more details. Please also make a screen shots of your step-by-step actions which you took using Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console.

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. doxenberg

Hello Kip,
    Another thought, why not try installing the Remote Management Agent to this computer as well, then try again and see what happens. Be sure to post your results in the Forum...

5. kiplaws

Great idea....I'm installing it now.....stay tuned!

6. kiplaws

Doxie....

That worked. I can now check the integrity of my .TIB images!!

So...basicallly, install EVERYTHING on the PC (or PCs).

Wooohoo!!!

7. doxenberg

Hey Kip,
    Glad that worked for you.
    I don't feel you necessarily have to have everything installed on the same computer, but rather if you want to perform operations such as image verification over the Network, Snap Deploy relies on the Remote Management agent to facilitate the communication and therefore must be installed on your target computer.
    Bottom line is it worked for you, you are happy, now let's drink! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.