Snap Deploy imaged server login loop

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by terisa, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terisa

terisa Registered Member

I made an image of 1 web server, deployed the image on 2 idenitical servers as the imaged server, both resulted in same problem, after being imaged, after reboot, I log in, it loads personnal settings, logging off and back to the ctl+alt+delete screen.

I saw a post regarding this same issue but there was no resolution posted. I have the latest build 1307. I tried using another image that worked last month and an image that worked before the latest build and it resulted in the same problem. I have no floppy drives on the server so I am unable to "get the log files and submit them to you" Would you please post possible answers to this issue??

Thanks

2. terisa

terisa Registered Member

The servers are dell 1425 running w2k3 web edition.

3. terisa

terisa Registered Member

snap deploy is making me snap. I was told by tech service to download their True Image software and try that. The problem is I have no floppy drive or CDR to boot from or create img to. that is why we use the snap deploy for the pxe boot.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello terisa,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows supports many other devices for the image storing. Please take a look at this FAQ article.

If you still want us to investigate your issue with Acronis Snap Deploy then please submit a request for technical support. Descrtibe the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and provide the link to this thread in your request. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. terisa

terisa Registered Member

Before posting, I did open a ticket. I still have not heard a reply back. I had to call the sales phone number, press 0 and plead my case with the operator to get her to transfer me to someone in tech support, who did not have any knowledge of snap deploy, but suggested that I try the true image.

When I first bought the Snap deploy software, I had no problem on the first deployment, each deployment afterwards has had a variety of problems, for example, shutting down for no reason during deployment, quiting during the loading of the agent. Not being able to deploy on more than one server at a time even with multicast. We have a flat network. There is no easy way to get logs on what is going wrong. I just get failed to deploy.

Is there a problem with how many times you can deploy on a single server??

Next month I will need to deploy images on more than 10 at a time. What product would you suggest??

Anyway, I have wasted two days to image 3 servers. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello terisa,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send me a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.