SMPlayer Releases

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

I hope this is an appropriate place to post a question about the SMPlayer. (github.com - where the SMPlayer has now its location for discussion - is a pain.)

SMPlayer offers the possibility to show two subtitle tracks at the same time (e.g. English and German), by chosing Subtitles --> Primary track respectively Subtitles --> Secondary track.

The subtitles of the secondary track should be displayed on the top of the screen. But in my case they are always shown on the bottom. The result is that they overlay the subtitles of the primary track and you can read neither the one nor the others.

Last year someone had posted exactly the same problem in the SMPlayerBlog: https://blog.smplayer.info/displaying-two-subtitles-at-the-same-time-now-its-possible/
    The advice given there could (at least in my case) not fix the issue:
    - I use "mpv" as Multimedia engine (Options --> Preferences --> General --> Tab "General")
    - I have both options "Use the ASS library” and "Freetype support" activated (Options --> Preferences --> Subtitles)

I use an older version of SMPlayer (19.10.0). But I have tested it also with the most recent one (21.8.0). Both 32 bit and 64 bit, both portable and installer. The result is always the same.

Thanks for any ideas to resolve the problem.

2. mood

mood Updates Team

SMPlayer 21.10.0 Released (October 29, 2021)
    Website
    Download (Sourceforge / GitHub / FossHub)
    Changes
    https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/releases/tag/v21.10.0
    [21.10] - 2021-10-29
    • The support for YouTube has been improved by using yt-dlp. Fixes buffering and playback of age-restricted videos.
    • Possibility to use yt-dlp instead of youtube-dl.
    • Option to use the AV1 codec with YouTube videos.
    • Improve support for FreeBSD.
    • Auto-rotate videos that have been recorded in vertical mode or upside down.
    • Some bug fixes.
    Linux
    • Ignore KDE's "single click". It causes unexpected behaviour.
    Windows
    • It's easier to update the YouTube code.
    • The installer is digitally signed.
    • SMPlayer is now also available in the Windows Store.
    Mac OS
    • Fix playback with mplayer when screenshots are enabled.
    Removed
    • Support for the obsolete mplayer2.

3. mood

mood Updates Team

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.