Smartphone users demand even larger screens according to Strategy Analytics

Discussion in 'hardware' started by guest, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

I'm still using my C5 5MP with only 2.2 inch screen, and I'm happy with that. :cool:

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Whoa!?

3. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

A normal result now that even men have begun to use purses to carry their stuff.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I'm cool with anything that can fit in my pockets (no problem with GT-N7000). Something that needs a purse should be called a tablet (with non-data calling/texting capability).

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

But they only using more battery life when these features are being used.

6. guest

guest Guest

And that's what the people are demanding. If most people want to make their smartphones as a portable generator then we need more battery capacity as well... D=

7. roger_m

Yes - but I think you're missing my point. People aren't going to be using all these extra features all the time, so accordingly extra battery life is only an issue sometimes.

8. guest

guest Guest

Hopefully people won't demand too much from a smartphone. It might be a continuous issue if these extra features became a daily usage.

9. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

How about this? Keep the cellphone unit small, with a tablet/netbook docking station that contains extra battery, storage, etc.

10. roger_m

ASUS have done this with their PadFone, which is a 4.3" phone and 10.1" tablet.

11. roger_m

Well it will be then, but on the other hand if use limit the features you are using you can get excellent battery life from a smartphone. With data and wifi turned off, and stopping apps from starting up in the background and not too many calls and texts, I could probably get more than 4 days battery life from my phone, which only has fairly average battery capacity - 1,700mAh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.