Smartphone: Do you use an Extended Battery?

Discussion in 'polls' started by TheKid7, Mar 17, 2014.

?

Smartphone: Do you use an Extended Battery?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    86.3%
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I probably did not need an extended battery for my smartphone, but I just ordered one.

Positives:

1. Double the time between charges (3,600 mAh versus 1,800 mAh)

Negatives:

1. Bulky size (When I purchased the smartphone, I purchased a holster which I knew would also be able to handle the increased thickness which results from extended batteries.)

2. No Case available (I will need to be extra careful with the phone, so that I do not drop it.)

I am not what people would consider to be a "Heavy User". My current 1,800 mAh battery takes about 1.0 to 1.5 days to go from 100% charge to 40% charge.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Or buy a phone with a long battery life in the first place.
    Mrk

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

CasePower for Iphone5S, 2400mAh.

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I dont use an extended battery but i've been thinking of changing my original battery for another one . . . now the problem is that original batteries are HARD to find. Most of the batteries out there are fake ones that look like original ones.

My current battery lasts a LOOOOOOOOOOOT less than when it was new. (Battery is 15 months old)

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Not currently, but my Star A3 came standard with a bulkier second back cover which had a battery inside to provide extra battery life.

I do however have a universal mobile battery charger which I can use to charge any phone battery, which may came in handy some time. Since all my smartphones come standard with two batteries included.

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

No. I'll replace the battery with a new one if needed. The battery is not embedded and new battery is readily available in store.:D:thumb:

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

No, but I do use a portable charger. The negatives are a deal-breaker for me.

8. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

No. Don't need one with my 5s

9. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

Yes I need one. My new iphone 5 dies after 45 minutes of talking on vsee or 8 hours of standbye. My next phone will not be iphone. That's the second iphone in a row with a crappy battery.

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

While i dont like Apple products (To be more specific, their price and all the proprietary soft/hardware) i've always seen that their portable devices tend to have good battery life, specially the iPad.

Anyways, since i flashed my GS3 with SlimRom a few weeks ago i noticed my battery life improved a LOT and i also flashed one of my friends phone just for fun and he told me that he noticed the battery life improved a lot (I never told him that i noticed the same thing so there is no placebo effect).

Now my problem is that i have a chat room with my buddies and they send at least 1k messages each day and it drains my battery. :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

No need for a battery extender. Getting great battery life from my nexus 4 after making some power saving decisions. Pretty much toggle off: unused radios, syncing, and unnecessary services. Lux for android is probably the biggest battery saver. I have it setup to drop my screen brightness when the device is in standby.

12. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I had 2 ipads and 2 iphones. iPads>>>>iPhones when it comes to battery life and compared to other products out there.
    I think my iphones had quality control issues or old batteries or both.
    Still thinking what my options are gonna be 2 years from now. Especially in medical field where iphones are dominating.

13. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

My 5s is on it's second day of heavy to moderate use, and the battery is at 35%. Any phone I can use heavy throughout the day and it doesn't run itself dry is doing good by my standards, I just unplugged my 5s from the wall last night on accident.

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

If it werent for my buddies sending 500 - 1k messages everyday and tons of pictures + voice notes my battery life would be great in standby.
    With heavy use . . . the battery seems to have lost a substantial amount of charge capacity compared to when it was new.

15. TheKid7

This morning I replaced my 1,800 mAh battery with my new 3,600 mAh extended battery and charged up the new battery. So far I can see that the extended battery is lasting longer than the regular battery, but there has only been a few hours of use so far.

16. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Nope, phone doesn't open.

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Bad news. :D
    One of the reasons i like phones with replaceable batteries. Personally, i always try to use my phones as long as possible so having a replaceable battery is always a BIG bonus.
    I understand that there are people that could care less since they switch phones every year or so.

18. guest

guest Guest

My phone could last for almost a week already, so nope.

It's always helpful when the phone hangs. Remove the battery, put it back, and tada! Shines like new...

Well that's also kind of a bad thing since I had to set the date and time, and do the basic settings again. :ouch:

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Mine only gives me trouble when i tinker with it too much. (Flashing ROMs)
    I've bricked it once and probably got into a bootloop like half a dozen times. I once screwed up the phones data and had no IMEI/Cellular service/Data. I sh*t myself that day LOL
    Took me over a day to fix it trying a dozen methods . . . almost gave up. :argh: :ninja:

20. TheKid7

My new 3,600 mAh extended battery is lasting about twice as long as my factory battery (~3 days versus ~1.5 days).

I wish that I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. There is a 10,000 mAh extended battery and case available for it.

21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Or you could buy a portable battery. :D

22. TheKid7

I have a portable battery: 15,000 mAh

I just wanted to minimize connecting up the smartphone to charge it.

23. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Thats quite big. 15k mah. :eek:
    Anyone knows where i can get original Samsung batteries?

24. TheKid7

I have seen some original (OEM) Samsung batteries on both Amazon and eBay. Original Samsung batteries for which Samsung smartphone model(s)?

25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

GT-I9300
    The problem is that lots of these sellers claim that they are original batteries when they are not. The other thing is that i can't send back an item since i order it from overseas. :ninja:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.