SmartCOP detected 6 viruses NOD32 missed

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by alien x, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alien x

alien x Registered Member

about the warning of infection ((Multibot Pro and Sobig.F), i had the same but the strange thing is that Microsoft Antispyware gave the warning and my NOD32 says i am clean.
    whan i opened the supposedly infected file in the quarantine i found just a text file says:
    DO NOT DELETE THIS FOLDER

This folder has been created by SmartCOP Anti-Virus to immunize

against W32.NetSky.C virus.

SmartCOP Anti-Virus

well, i guess not only smartCOP gives false positives but also Microsoft Antispyware.
    what you think?

2. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

The strange thing is that Counterspy reported the location as C:\windows\winlogon.exe - when I looked in there I did not see the file (I was going to upload to virus total) I quarantined it and noticed the same txt file. Smartcop never told me that it was going to immunize my computer but it sort of makes sense that if already "infected" that the real infection won't infect my computer - I don't know if that really works though

Counterspy tried to warn me but was only starting repeatedly but was killed every time. This screenshot: http://img65.echo.cx/img65/50/sun2is.jpg - actually, I don't know what "servalert" is but is was strange that it kept restarting with nothing to show. If I click on it, it still shows nothing;

It's not a false positive in this case as it's actually a false virus I guess.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  3. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

lol... Very funny! :D

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

I think you should get rid of smart cop and use Microsoft Antispyware.

Ewido is another good choice..and frankly in my opinion in chosing any product you are going to use for only all this " scan the old PC" after the fact you are infected..should be based more on the ability of the programmers working for those Products to code them.

Dowloading 4 to 8 of them is going to get you confused and frustrated.

Last edited: May 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.