Smart Security versus NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by KJV1611, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KJV1611

KJV1611 Registered Member

For the past year I was using NOD32. On Tuesday, July 15, 2008 I downloaded the free trial edition of eSet's Smart Security. I have the following several questions about comparisons between Smart Security versus NOD32.

1. Is eSet Smart Security appropriate for a private, single user of a computer, or is NOD32 the appropriate choice for a private, single user?

2. If eSet Smart Security is installed on my computer, is Smart Security compatible with Spybot and Ad-Aware anti-spyware programs if they are also run on my computer? If Smart Security is compatible with those two anti-spyware programs, do you recommend my also occasionally running Spybot and Ad-Aware as good additional anti-spyware programs to increase protection on my computer?

3. If I have eSet NOD32 or Smart Security on my computer and they expire, is there a grace period after the expiration date where they will continue to provide anti-virus protection to my computer?

4. If I have eSet NOD32 or Smart Security on my computer and they expire, is there still a time window where I can get the upgrade price for a new, one-year subscription instead of having to pay the full price those programs?

Thank you.

KJV1611

2. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

1. both offer appropriate protection for a single computer user, I would prefer the ESS because of the GUI and the firewall, which is a basic firewall (like windows') but with additional outbound filtering

2. they are compatible but you definitely do not need to run both anti-spyware programs simultaneously, one will suffice, actually I do not have anti-spyware real time protection just on demand scans. I dont know your surf habits but I would prefer running a program like winpatrol instead of realtime antispyware

3 & 4 I dont know, I have never gone further than the 30 days trial of ESS and NOD32, in the beginning I am very happy but when its time to pay I revert to kaspersky or avira. From this September however I will give another go.

3. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

If you don't need an anti spam and the firewall, you're fine with NOD32. If Eset smart security wouldn't be compatible with another anti spyware, NOD32 wouldn't be either, since Eset Smart Security uses NOD32 + anti spam and firewall. You just run on demand anti spywares, not with protection on, and you'll be fine.

Don't know about the payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.