Smart Security key in antivirus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mattysouthall, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattysouthall

mattysouthall Registered Member

Hi

Is it possible to use my smart security key for just the antivirus product so downgrading from smart security > antivirus

Just asking don't want to go ahead and then it doesn't work, i bought smart security while ago but now i just feel the windows firewall is efficient enough as im behind a NAT

Matt.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It always has worked in the past so it still should unless they have changed their policy very recently.

3. BonskY

BonskY Registered Member

Yes, you can "downgrade" with no problem with your licence of ESS 5 to NOD32 AV 5

But naturaly, you can't "upgrade" to ESS 5 with a NOD32 AV 5 licences...

Simply remove ESS 5 and Download/Install NOD32 AV 5 and then enter your ESS 5 valid Username/Password and you're set...

For testing purpose and need, I switch often between ESS 5 and NOD32 AV 5 using my ESS 5 licence...with no problem

Have a nice day

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can make EAV from ESS simply by changing the firewall integration to filtering application protocols only.

5. BonskY

BonskY Registered Member

Good day Marcos

Seem a interesting way, is there a link from the KB database that show how to configure ESS firewall is that way ?

If I can avoid the install/download/reinstall process, I will be happy :cool:

Thanks and have a nice day

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Check this KB article. The only difference is that instead of disabling the firewall completely you'll select "Only scan application protocols" from the drop-down menu.

7. BonskY

BonskY Registered Member

Thanks Marcos :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.