Smart Security blocking som pic's posted on FB

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by robdam1001, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robdam1001

robdam1001 Registered Member

With Parental Control enabled, SS is blocking a few pictures posted by friends on my FB page. When I disable parental controls on SS, the pictures appear as they should. Is there any way to fix this bug/glitch or whatever you want to call it?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. robdam1001

robdam1001 Registered Member

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Report something they can replicate so that they can fix it. Is there a link or something

5. plieu

plieu Registered Member

Right click on one of the images that is being blocked (it should be a little red X where the image should be) and get the image source. I do not have access to facebook right now but if I recall correctly the image source should be something like: xttp://fbimg.com/ect...

Visit the KB article below and enter in only xttp://fbimg.com(no need for the rest of the image URL that comes after .com) into ESET Smart Security's Parental Control's "Web page exceptions" list.

Click or copy/paste the following ESET Knowledgebase article into your web browser:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2797
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know how it works out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I, for one, wouldn't recommend whitelisting any url blocked by ESET or you may get infected with malware. Some url's are blocked for a reason. The best course of action is to report it to ESET and, if you're unsure about what particular url is blocked, enclose a screen shot of the block alert.

7. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

If the blocked pic is being caused by the parental controls, it's very likely the source of the image URL points back to a site that falls within a category that is blocked by the parental controls. You can choose to edit the parental controls to allow access to the source website or add that domain to the parental control whitelist.

This still won't prevent ESET from blocking the site if it contains malicious content or vulnerabilities that would otherwise trigger the web access protection from blocking the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.