Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Question2, Dec 7, 2011.
How do i add utorrent as an exception to the firewall?
Check out the following KB Article to add the site to the list of allowed websites. Make sure to ignore step 4 or it will block you from all websites except those on the list.
Its a torrent program, not a website.
Also when i try to go into setup->advanced setup, i get an error message saying "an unsupported operation was attempted" and then the program hangs.
1) Go to Setup
2) Click on Firewall
3) Change the filtering mode to: "Automatic filtering mode with exceptions"
4) Go to Configure Rules and Zones
5) Click on New from the bottom left
6) Enter any name you want (Example: uTorrent)
7) Action: Set it to Deny or Allow
Click on the 2nd tab which is Local
9) Click on Browse
10) Navigate to the program you want to add as an exception
11) Click OK!
With regards to the error you are getting when entering setup, I recommend you uninstall ESS, then restart your computer, then install and run Auslogics Registry Cleaner, run a full scan, then allow it to repair your registry, then restart your computer again, then reinstall ESS
Separate names with a comma.