Smart Security 5.0.95.0 still hanging with external USB

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mouser, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouser

mouser Registered Member

Topic says it all.

Version 5.0.95.0 which was presumably released for the specific purpose of fixing this nightmare of a bug which causes windows to completely hang on the inseration of an external USB drive, does not fix the problem, at least for my pc, when tested with two different USB docks.

This is Windows XP x64 with all updates and service packs.

The problem is easily reproduceable and happens without fail as soon as either of the two USB docks (which are under a year old) are plugged in (starting with the drive plugged in during boot does work, as others have reported). Operating system basically completely hangs and the only way out is to turn off the computer. Exactly the same issue reported for many months and which was supposed to be fixed with the 5.095.0 release.

This is such a nasty bug and it's been a long time since it's been reported -- is it really too much to expect it to be fixed by now? At least tell me someone is working on this..

2. jngreen

jngreen Registered Member

I agree. It is unacceptable for this nasty bug to not have been fixed after all this time having passed. I for one will not be renewing my license.

3. rif

rif Registered Member

Me too. A DIY-Fix after 5 Month, thats too little.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There is indeed a fix available. If you're interested in installing it, drop me a PM and I'll provide you with further instructions.

5. yaek

yaek Registered Member

+1

I am using spanish version. Fix avalaible too?

6. Marcos

The fix is language independent. Please check your PM.

7. MaesyB

MaesyB Registered Member

Hmmm... I've been in touch with ESET support about this issue and basically they suggested to wait for the next build, and downgrade to version 4 until then. I had no idea there was a fix available!

Can you send me instructions for the fix - I was considering not renewing my 3 licenses but I actually really like ESET and would be unhappy if we were to part company after so long :doubt:

Thanks Marcos

8. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Is this fix only for XP systems or also for Vista & Windows 7(all versions) ?

Thanks
    Ska

9. MaesyB

MaesyB Registered Member

I'm trying to! ;)

10. Marcos

First of all, please refer to this thread. Please check your system and tell us if you have the incdfs.sys driver installed which seems to be causing these issues.

In order to keep the discussion in one thread, I'll draw this one to a close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.