smart security 4 upgrades

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pyrite, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrite

pyrite Registered Member

I ordered Windows 7 from a popular online retailer, and received a very substantial discount on ESET Smart Security 4 for up to 3 computers as part of the deal.

I have two questions.

1. Can I just download Smart Security 5, install that, and use the key from Smart Security 4 to activate (without having to upgrade?). Or, do I have to install SS4 and then do the upgrade thing.

2. The product is licensed for up to 3 computers, but after 1 year, when I renew, can I renew for just 1 computer, or do I have to renew for 3? I don't need 3.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

as long as the lic is legit (there are some online places that have been known for selling fraud lic's) for v4 it will also work on v5 and v6 when it comes and etc etc.. so yes just download ess v5 and use the lic you got for v4.

you would have to contact eset cust service about the 3 to 1 lic thing. im not sure if they do this or not but if not you can always look to a retailer like newegg or similar for a 1pc lic they have them on sale often for under 20$ then you can renew that one later of you want. i personally only buy boxed versions and dont renew i find it much cheaper that way.

3. pyrite

pyrite Registered Member

That makes sense. Eset's one of the better ones out there, so it's worth considering, I just don't have 3 computers to put it on at this point, though. And it is Newegg I'm talking about, as far as being legit or whatever.

Thanks for the information! Very helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.