Smart phone, dumb suspects: iPhone theft victim becomes high-tech detective

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Good to know its actually smart.. I have my macbook iCloud set to find my Mac and my iPhone to find my iPhone.Expensive is right as I just droped just under 2 grand on apple products and for that very reason is why I choice to enable the services and in the event recovery is not possible at least a remote lock down rendering it useless is an option.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes "Find my iPhone/Mac" is a great service.

In 2012 I saw at least 3 local news report here in Sweden of people that took advantage of the service, at first they simply started to track down the thief/s on their own, and when they got closer they called the police for backup and they were happy to help, arrested the theif and gave back the iPhone to the owner. And in one of the cases it was a Mac that was stolen. So yes it does work indeed :cool: :thumb:

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

These things do work, when i was robbed by a couple armed guys, they took one of the cars with them and thanks to my Galaxy S II and Kaspersky Mobile Security i found the car only 1.5hour later, i-m pretty sure it would have taken at least a week to find the car if i didn-t have any tracking software in my phone.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Armed robbery, 0.45 ACP, I thought we were discussing little plastic boxes?
    Mrk

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I remember that you shared this before scary stuff indeed, but didn't you get any backup from the Police or similar? Or did you just go up to them and say "Hey I did track you down with this wonderful service so can you please give me my car back" :D

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

yea my bad smart phone it is,never thought I say I own one but know I do.Apple IPhone4.Truly the best phone I ever had.

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

ot posts removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.