Small inconvenience

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ako, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ako

ako Registered Member

There is an inconvenience which could be removed: When a person trusts a file that is flagged by age/population heuristics, the Prevx icon now turns into red. I think this is unncessary. It should remain green.

2. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

I think i will turn green again when the file is trusted by the server?!
    I think that is good.

3. ako

ako Registered Member

But whether the file is flagged depends on your settings (high-low). So it would be logical to turn back to green.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Once you run another scan, it will change back to being green. The override is applied immediately but it takes until another scan to update the status (just in case there are other files which it would apply to as well or if there are other infections on the PC still even though one of the files was overridden as trusted).

5. ako

ako Registered Member

I understand very well the logic, but it is somehow faulty: Whether the given file is flagged or not depends on the tightness of the setting. It would be logical to turn into red (when user has trusted the file) only if the setting is equal or lower than the default setting given by Prevx team.

Scanning removes it, I know, but useless scanning seems to me, so as to say, ummm, useless. Whenever I install something exotic I'm forced to scan if the file is flagged due to age/population heuristics (I use highest settings)!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.